Will a move to oz give me equal or better lifestyle

Guest darzo1979

Guest guest30038
You highlited in red where you can get it cheaper, believe it or not you can get it cheaper here as well :biggrin:

Hope this helps.

Well I never! i thought tescos and Asda was the be all and end all.................I must have missed something :goofy:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Hatton
Well I never! i thought tescos and Asda was the be all and end all.................I must have missed something :goofy:

yep :cute:

Wow. Whereabouts were you? Im really starting to worry we wouldnt be able to afford perth. I dont know exactly what dave would earn but from what i can gather from seek.com etc it ranges from 70/80 to 100k. 100k being in the mining industry. Im planning on working too but it will just be a job like waitressing or bar work. Dont want to rent forever but from the look of house prices i think it would be a long time before we could afford one

We were in SE Qld. We weren't stoney broke or anything but we weren't anywhere near as well off as we are here. To be honest I found the attitude of our Aus family astounding. They used to tell me to get up on a Sunday at 6 and go to the markets to buy cheap fruit and veg. They baked their own pies and pastries because they accepted the fact that they simply couldn't afford the prices. I had an English friend who suggested that we drive to a discount food place which was nearly an hour away.

I used to do things like that when we were just starting out not at nearly 40 with a husband who earns a very good salary. We found that people in Australia don't question very much and prices and attitudes reflect this.

It's only what you are used to I guess but we are used to being able to afford most things, we're not flash we only have modest cars bur cetainly eating out and nice food and breaks.

Of course this is only my opinion based upon our experiences.....but it's a high price to pay for the sunshine and so called 'better life'

People leaving close family behind (we didn't) should maybe question what they are hoping to achieve....but it doesn' have to be forever.

Guest Hatton
$980 for mine. Why do you question it? Do you think that some folk don't know their own outgoings? :goofy:

No, but I could not believe how expensive it was not having kids.

Guest familypayne

Being here I actually miss the amazing quality of Tesco's and Asdas clothes far superior to any comparable costing clothing from Oz that you'd buy from K mart/ target most that have become holey very quickly, underware that falls apart. Two for one offers and I see Tesco's have some 3 for two, wow!! Bargains!! Yes I miss Tesco's maybe it's just the UK we will soon see! Marks and spencers sandwiches ! Can't wait my first lunch on the M4 to Wales!!!! :))

Guest Hatton
Oh but wait a minute. So many returnees have stated that they didn't want to travel half way round the world only to have to shop around for a cheaper than UK lifestyle..............that tescos was so much cheaper...............are you now telling me that you need to shop around because tescos isn't? :goofy:

No, I said I could get some things cheaper elsewhere going to farmers markets, local butchers and fish markets.

Guest Hatton
Being here I actually miss the amazing quality of Tesco's and Asdas clothes far superior to any comparable costing clothing from Oz that you'd buy from K mart/ target most that have become holey very quickly, underware that falls apart. Two for one offers and I see Tesco's have some 3 for two, wow!! Bargains!! Yes I miss Tesco's maybe it's just the UK we will soon see! Marks and spencers sandwiches ! Can't wait my first lunch on the M4 to Wales!!!! :))

would it be a good idea to actually buy online and get it posted to you in Oz? or have you already looked at that option?

Guest familypayne
We were in SE Qld. We weren't stoney broke or anything but we weren't anywhere near as well off as we are here. To be honest I found the attitude of our Aus family astounding. They used to tell me to get up on a Sunday at 6 and go to the markets to buy cheap fruit and veg. They baked their own pies and pastries because they accepted the fact that they simply couldn't afford the prices. I had an English friend who suggested that we drive to a discount food place which was nearly an hour away.

Question: So are you happy now your home in the UK? can't apply for citizenship till April/ May 12 that was a condition coming to at least get citizenship for us and kids even if we decided to go home. Have you moved to the same place or did you make a change. A friends whose at home uk says people move on you change! ?

Guest familypayne
would it be a good idea to actually buy online and get it posted to you in Oz? or have you already looked at that option?

Yes, thank you. I've looked at Marks and Spencers you can order costs $25 postage but you order up to $1000 no duty or tax and I phoned and checked that the delivery is regardless of how many items. But other than kids adult pj's I suppose you take a Chance it doesn't fit look right etc. I've looked !! Next only delivers to Europe and a few others but not here. You can go to Myers pay good money get good clothes that last. It's more the very cheap Asda, Tescos clothes that are UK cheap but that last. Here you pay for what you get!! Literally.

Guest siamsusie
Yes, thank you. I've looked at Marks and Spencers you can order costs $25 postage but you order up to $1000 no duty or tax and I phoned and checked that the delivery is regardless of how many items. But other than kids adult pj's I suppose you take a Chance it doesn't fit look right etc. I've looked !! Next only delivers to Europe and a few others but not here. You can go to Myers pay good money get good clothes that last. It's more the very cheap Asda, Tescos clothes that are UK cheap but that last. Here you pay for what you get!! Literally.

http://www.nextdirect.com/au/en?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=CPC&utm_term=next%20on%20line&utm_content=12625579789&utm_campaign=Brand%20Terms&mpch=sem

Next delvier to Australia:wubclub:

I think the return rate is about 20%, so 80% of people are making a go of it and managing.

As soon as you settle in and get used to new brands of food etc, things can be a lot cheaper for you.

Ive said in other posts, doing stuff in Oz is much cheaper. Cant see you getting a way with a cooler full of food at Drayton Manor park. £4 for a coke please.

Perth zoo has got all the free bbqs and everyone took thir own coolers in.

Archived