Passport problems

Guest LadyEmma

Previously a few years ago my husbands boss signed the back of the photos, he was just a manager in an office of an oil & gas company.. no specific Dr or proffesional person.. that was fine also. My first adult passport I got my boss to do mine , he was a vet which is fine.. maybe you have a vet if you have pets ?

Guest siamsusie

I have had a scout back through some old PIO posts for your LE and I do remember that this was an issue for some members previously.

I realise that the 2 yrs is stipulated but many seem to have found it impossible as yourself to find that person.. they have resorted to their GP who kindly did it from the kindness of their heart, show driving licence and any other form of ID, you might hit lucky.

Guest LadyEmma

Yes this seems to be our best hope, the Dr has known us just 9 months, however he does seem to be the next attempt we have, going to make an appointment to discuss it with him next week.

Thank you

Guest siamsusie

As a sign of good will, I would take a copy of your driving licence, a copy of your medicare/medibank card, just so he/she has something to keep to refer back to in case you are an imposter lol.

Good luck, I know its frustrating, but you will get there in the end.

love Susie x

Guest LadyEmma

Who me? an imposter? never, I've always been me LOL...

I will post back after I have seen the Doctor, wish me luck.

Guest siamsusie
Who me? an imposter? never, I've always been me LOL...

I will post back after I have seen the Doctor, wish me luck.

:laugh: bless you Lady Emma. Do post back and please write something positve:wink::hug: Good luck

Susie x

What about an optometrist? I have to get a new British passport (mine has been lost) and am going to get my husbands business partner to sign it for me. He is an optometrist and after checking with Auspost, that is apparently fine. I would imagine that you have been to see an optometrist at some point in the past few years?

Might be worth a shot.

Guest LadyEmma

Thank you for the suggestion, however, once again, here in Australia you don't often see the same one each time, or even the same shop.

Guest LadyEmma

No I don't, I seldom need a perscription. Also you don't see the chemist him/herself, only the girls on the counter, which change regularly.

Guest GeorgeD

Remember they don't need to have had any interaction with you in the last 2 years...they just need to have known you for at least 2 years...so if you met them 10, 20 or 40 years ago, and they fit the description then they can sign it. The list on the UK Government website isn't a complete list, it's an example...I mean, Doctor isn't listed but Dentist and Nurse are! Did you ever buy or sell a house in the last 40 years...Did you meet the solicitor? Have you been to a Dentist or Nurse in that time? What do your neighbours do for a living? Old neighbours if you have moved? What do their kids do for a living now if they have grown up, etc? What about staff in your local Post Office?? Do you take pets to a Vet you have known for a while? Midwife? Social Worker? Mortgage Advisor? Insurance Agent?

You must know a Director of a company...I've been in Australia less than a year and have met numerous. Because there are so many small businesses, about 20% of the people I know seem to run their own business!

Guest LadyEmma

Thank you. I understand what you are saying, I have read the lists of who can sign, but due to moving, & personal reasons, I do not know anyone who can vouch for me.

Thank you for your help

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jason7167

my oh has just renewed her british passport. luckily we knew someone who had known us for more than 2 years but if you look at the forms it says you can go to a jp (usually in the shopping centres) and you just need to explain on the form the reason why. tbh a renewal is not as complicated as a new one especially if your features are pretty similar. my oh had her new passport returned within 10 days. just sent it off to get the visa stamp to put in. all in all cost $300. so be warned all who are coming here to live. check your passport for £70 its worth renewing even if you have a couple of years on it.

Guest LadyEmma

Thank you. It is all sorted now.

We had tried the JP but had no luck there as they had not known us 2 years & stat dec's not used in Australia anymore.

Thank you. It is all sorted now.

We had tried the JP but had no luck there as they had not known us 2 years & stat dec's not used in Australia anymore.

Just wondering, how did you manage it in the end? After everything you went through it'd be nice to know who you managed to find to sign it. And maybe helpful for people in the future should anyone ever have this sort of problem.

Archived