Young mum moving to Perth in October !

Guest DanielleDixon

Guest DanielleDixon

Hi Everyone !

Me and my finance and our little 1 year old girl are moving to Perth in October

Im 20 years old and looking to meet other young mums to make friends with.

Anyone out already or going out soon, let me know x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cazperth

Hey There, I am a young mum too (well 29) and me and my finance are moving back to Perth in Jan 2012, we have a one month old baby boy (he will be 6 months by the time we move), My finance is from Perth so he has loads of friends, so I am hoping I meet some people too.

Where are you living?

Cx

Guest DanielleDixon
Hey There, I am a young mum too (well 29) and me and my finance are moving back to Perth in Jan 2012, we have a one month old baby boy (he will be 6 months by the time we move), My finance is from Perth so he has loads of friends, so I am hoping I meet some people too.

Where are you living?

Cx

We haven't made any final decisions yet, but were looking at either Ashby or Tapping. What about you ? May I ask why you moved back to the UK?

Guest edwardsfamily

try the facebook group Yummy mummies in Perth. Its great for meeting people and for people waiting to get here to get some advice/help etc

its run by a friend of mine who also has a website called www.buggybuddies.com

Guest cazperth
We haven't made any final decisions yet, but were looking at either Ashby or Tapping. What about you ? May I ask why you moved back to the UK?

Danielle, We will be moving back in with my in-laws they live SOR in Canning Vale, we will stay there until we get sorted with jobs and then get our own place... Well I was in Australia on a two-year working holiday visa but I could of stayed but was really homesick and just wanted to come back so my Australian fiancé came with me, we have been here now a year and half but he is really struggling to find work and we are getting more in debt if you know what I mean, I think the best decision all round now is go move back to Perth and take it from there....

Have you applied for your visa yet? When are you thinking of heading over?

cx

Hey, I am a young mummie too! 24 with a 2 1/2 yo little boy. We will be moving over with my OH end sep/start Oct, just waiting on the last little things finalising before we have our flights booked. I'll second the yummie mummy page on fb, lots of lovely mummy's on there and they do lots of meet-ups by the looks of it. We are looking to settle SOR, probably around about Atwell.

Guest cazperth
Hey, I am a young mummie too! 24 with a 2 1/2 yo little boy. We will be moving over with my OH end sep/start Oct, just waiting on the last little things finalising before we have our flights booked. I'll second the yummie mummy page on fb, lots of lovely mummy's on there and they do lots of meet-ups by the looks of it. We are looking to settle SOR, probably around about Atwell.

Hey Bev, for some reason I cannot find that Yummie Mummie page on facebook, can you send me the link please, as we are moving back to Perth in Jan 2012 and would love to meet other mum's! We too will be living SOR in Canning Vale for the first few months with my in-laws....

Are you excited about the big move? Where abouts you from?

cx

Here is the link - http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/yummymummiesinperth/

Canning Vale looks really nice and my partner will be working there but it was just a little too far from the beach for us, wanted to be a bit closer to Coogee and Freo aswell. We may change our minds again when we get there though!

We are getting really excited now that it is getting so close! Really busy just now though trying to get everything organised. We are from Montrose, east coast Scotland.

How about you? Are you getting excited about the move, when do you depart?

Guest cazperth
Here is the link - http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/yummymummiesinperth/

Canning Vale looks really nice and my partner will be working there but it was just a little too far from the beach for us, wanted to be a bit closer to Coogee and Freo aswell. We may change our minds again when we get there though!

We are getting really excited now that it is getting so close! Really busy just now though trying to get everything organised. We are from Montrose, east coast Scotland.

How about you? Are you getting excited about the move, when do you depart?

Hey Bev, Yes am excited but at the same time No, if you know what I mean.. I will miss everyone here esp my family as I've just had a baby boy and it's the first grandchild on my side, my family are gutted but what can ya do, we need to go where the work is... We are heading over after Xmas maybe early jan, all going well...

Canning Vale is a nice area, Dave (my partner) his family live there so as I said we will stay there till we get on our feet. I'm hopefully going out on a Spouse visa 306 but it wont be issued in Jan as it takes quiet a while so I will go on a holiday visa until my spouse visa is ready... Oh the stress of visas!!!

What visa you getting? Dave is hoping to go work up the mines as there is great money in it and has a few friends already up there so fingers crossed....

Do you mind me asking why you guys are emigrating? When do you go?

cx

I definately know how you feel, I am so excited but quite apprehensive at the same time. I had to rehome my dog the other day and I was pretty upset about that so god knows how I am going to be when I have to say goodbye to my friends and family. We are also taking the first grandchild away and I know they are going to miss him like mad.

We are going out on a 457 temporary business visa. My partner is getting a transfer with work and they are paying for the whole process so it was an opportunity we couldnt refuse really. We are leaving about the 3rd or 4th Oct, we are just waiting on the company booking our flights.

Your partner is going to work in the mines? Are you ready for him to be away from home for so long? My partner works offshore with oil and gas so I know how it feels to have a partner working FIFO.

Where are you from in the UK?

Guest bowow2011

Hi all, just seen your post on the mines can I just say it really is a very difficult thing to do my oh works 4 on 1 off in Port Hedland it's awful being away from him and can't imagine what it may be like for a mum to be with bub whilst partner is away, the money is fantastic but I think it's a decision that should be really thought about, good luck to everybody I wish you all the best :0)

Guest cazperth
Hi all, just seen your post on the mines can I just say it really is a very difficult thing to do my oh works 4 on 1 off in Port Hedland it's awful being away from him and can't imagine what it may be like for a mum to be with bub whilst partner is away, the money is fantastic but I think it's a decision that should be really thought about, good luck to everybody I wish you all the best :0)

Bev/Bowow2011 -

He actually hasn't got a job up there yet but he is hoping to get work up there and has a few friends already working up there, they have an okay shift - 7 on 7 off! so wouldn't be too bad if he got that one...But i reckon it'l be hard all the same esp with a baby...but what can ya do the money is brill...

Are you already out there Bowow2011?

cx

Guest bowow2011

I'm not yet :0( my oh works 4/1 so it is hard but getting married and finishing a nursing course so need to stay here for a few more weeks whilst I finalise everything..... 7/7 would be perfect the money is fantastic I said to my oh go for it we'll never probably get an offer like this again, you'll make lots of friends too Hun to keep you busy I'm not a mum yet but were planning on having a little one shortly after wedding xxx

Guest cazperth
I'm not yet :0( my oh works 4/1 so it is hard but getting married and finishing a nursing course so need to stay here for a few more weeks whilst I finalise everything..... 7/7 would be perfect the money is fantastic I said to my oh go for it we'll never probably get an offer like this again, you'll make lots of friends too Hun to keep you busy I'm not a mum yet but were planning on having a little one shortly after wedding xxx

so is your other half already out there? 4/1 would be tough but least its a job unlike here no bloody jobs... I lived there for 2.5 years so I have some mates still out there but always love meeting new people... :)

When you getting married? We cancelled our wedding should of been May 2012 but partner got let go from work and didnt want to take a loan, would rather save for it but we are in no rush anyway... Ah babies are just brillant although very hard work but soo worth it, my son daithi is 5 weeks old and he is just gorgeous :)

cx

There is so much support in Perth for FIFO families and you will have your partners family around aswell so hopefully it wont be to hard for you. Plus I am sure you will meet lots of other mummies around to go for coffees etc. Failing that you could even give me a shout when you arrive!! lol. You know what, that is probably the one thing I am not too worried about is meeting people when we arrive, especially being a mum because there are so many groups to join.

• 6 months later...
Guest Chablis

Hi

I'm 22 and have a little boy who will be 3 in may, my fiancé and I moved here in feb would love to make some friends in similar situations, currently in south Perth but will probably be moving north of the river in the next six months. Let me know if you'd like to meet up x

Guest cazperth

Hello There, I work in South Perth, You know the Muzz Buzz on Canning Highway (Next shift Tues 12-5pm) sure call in for a natter.. Im 30 and have a wee man called Daithi aged 8 months, we live in Canning Vale with my inlaws (saving for our own place) we moved here in Jan but met my OH here in 2009 while I was travelling.... We have a meet up in canning Vale every Wednesday in Tom Bateman Park at 11am, you are more than welcome and loads of other Mums too.... :)

Hope to hear from you soon!

cx

Hi

Im a 25 yr old mom to 9 month old lily, moving to perth end of may, excited but getting nervous now about leaving everyone especially my mom :-( did everyone else feel this guilty about taking their children away from grandparents etc?. By OH is a bricklayer but is also hoping to work in the mines, so I too could be in the situation where I'm on my own while he's away. Is it easy to join baby groups etc, what kind of things are available, just to put my mind at rest :-)

Kirsty

Guest bowow2011

Hi I would love to meet up, I'm 24 oh is 28 we travelled in 2009 and moving back in July, if you have fb I could add you, there are a few if us in Perth on fb :-)) xxxxx

Hi I would love to meet up, I'm 24 oh is 28 we travelled in 2009 and moving back in July, if you have fb I could add you, there are a few if us in Perth on fb :-)) xxxxx

I met my fiancee travelling in Oz in 2009/2010 as well!! always wanted to go back and now we are with a fmaily haha yes I'm on facebook, Its good to know there are people in similar situations :-)

Guest cazperth

Im on facebook too (carolinehurley21@yahoo.co.uk) is my email, easiest way to find me! We moved back here in Jan and for the first few months me & my son were so busy going to every mother and baby event going, Believe me there are loads of things to do... Check out this link http://www.facebook.com/groups/yummymummiesinperth/ they organise loads for us to do and its brillant meeting new people all the time.. Its ace!! But I'm working now so don't get to go to as many as I used to but still go to a few...

When are you guys coming out?

Archived