457 and stepkids. Help please....

benandkelly

hi all,

I have been sponsored by an australian company who have already submitted their nomination and given me a trn.

should I wait until I have all documents needed before I file my visa application or should I just get on with it?

We are a family of 5. 2 of the children are my stepkids, their biological father is not around and hasn't been for over 8 years. We have already seen a solicitor who is preparing stat decs and also doing a search of the courts (just to prove biological father has never applied for parental responsibility).

I'm concerned that If we just go ahead and start the visa application then they may ask for more than just a court search and stat decs regarding my stepkids.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ben & Kelly

Hi there,

I don't know anything for certain, but I'm sure your CO would ask for anything extra that was needed. If you read through the visa application and any supporting info does it give you any more tips?

Good luck !

Hi JoandJohn,

I'm in 2 minds as to whether we should just lodge our visa application or wait until we have the stat dec's and court search from our solicitors.

Its a crappy situation to be honest.

I haven't found any tips to be honest.

Have you tried searching the forums for threads from people in similar situations? I've seen a few complicated threads when there are kids involved (and some responses do get quite heated, so keep your skin nice and thick!)

Although I'm a fan of DIY visa's whenever possible, it might be worth seeing if a migration agent can help advise you.... (it all depends on what your finances are like, 'cos agents don't come cheap!)

Hopefully someone more knowledgable can speak from experience...

Archived