New in Town (Geelong)

Well we've finally arrived and are looking to settle in Highton/Belmont. If anyone is up for a meet and a chin wag we'd really appriciate it. Have had some great support for Leila & her family over the last few days for which I am very grateful for.

She said there's a great PiO crowd down here - so prove it:biglaugh:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bumping this up, it seems the PIGs (poms in Geelong) are being a bit shy at the moment!

maybe you could you could tell us a bit about yourself...

OK I'll start. I'm a pom married to an Aussie, we have 2 boys (2 and 5) and have been in Aus 3 years now.....

anyone else want to join in? Let's treat it like an AA meeting

Hi my name is Sue and I'm a new migrant with no mates!

I'm 40 + (coughs) a sexual health and ex A&E nurse, so have loads of stories to tell if plied with enough grape juice, married to Mike (47) chartered accountatnt (no he's not boring) and have two kids boy (14) & girl (11teen). We're looking to settle in the Belmont/Highton area.

Hi my name is Sue and I'm a new migrant with no mates!

I'm 40 + (coughs) a sexual health and ex A&E nurse, so have loads of stories to tell if plied with enough grape juice, married to Mike (47) chartered accountatnt (no he's not boring) and have two kids boy (14) & girl (11teen). We're looking to settle in the Belmont/Highton area.

cheers Sue, yes we'll have to supply you with sufficient quantities of vino collapso to hear some juicy stories:wink:.

My name is Dom by the way. I'll see if I can drum up some interest in this thread by the magic of the internet

Hi my name is Chris, and i'm a pom that lives in Belmont. I have a wife (also called Sue bizarrely) and a 3 year old. We are originally from Liverpool and like it here although the lack of decent bacon is somewhat disappointing

originally from Liverpool??

That's an understatement if ever I heard one!

Either would be good. Have two kids but happy to leave them behind if pub option the preferred choice! We're going up to Melbourne for the footie final weekend but apart from that we are free so more than happy to fit in with any dates/venues that suits you all

Either would be good. Have two kids but happy to leave them behind if pub option the preferred choice! We're going up to Melbourne for the footie final weekend but apart from that we are free so more than happy to fit in with any dates/venues that suits you all

So are you Cats supporters? A lot of Poms cant get into the AFL.

So are you Cats supporters? A lot of Poms cant get into the AFL.

Haven't made my mind up yet but I think it's important to support your local team. As for getting into AFL from what I've seen on TV and the one and only match I've been to it's a better game to watch compared to UK footie IMO (probably get shot down for that but I hated UK footie with a passion!)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived