New to Berwick, family looking for friends

Guest redlee71

Guest redlee71

Hi everyone,

Well where to start, we arrived in Berwick on 27th August so we are very new to all this. By we I mean, me, Lisa 39, on the cusp of the big one!, my hubby, Nick 43 and our four children, 18,16,14,and 12. My eldest is already having a wobble and wants to go back to the UK:confused:.

We have enrolled the other 3 into Berwick Secondary College but they dont start until October so we are all going a tad stir crazy in the house alone.

We would love to meet up with others in the area and get together for drinks and a laugh, we are determined to make this the move that is right for all of us and are looking forward to meeting new people.

Lisa

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Lisa

I will send you a pm with some people who you can get in touch with around your area, also look for Dannycoyles on here. There is also a meet in Mornington Park on Sunday 2nd October. From mid day, just look for the Scottish flag take a picnic or BBQ.

Kate

Guest The Pom Queen
Thanks for that Kate you brought a smile to my face, look forward to your pm!!

Have sent you one all the people on the list are wonderful, the last one in particular and she will make you very welcome. If you want me to introduce you to them let me know.:hug:

Guest redlee71

I have pm'd them all, thank you so so much Kate, life in Berwick is looking up already. I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks

:smile:

Hi Lisa

Welcome to PIO and like Kate said, there are loads of great people in Berwick and you'll all make friends in no time.

We've been living in Glen Waverley since we arrived in Aus last April but are moving down to Berwick as soon as we can find somewhere to rent.

We've got two daughters 14 & 10 who will be starting Hillcrest school (near Berwick) in 2012, so would really like to be down that way before Christmas.

It was my 40th a few months back and I haven't crumpled in to a pile of dust so far :-) so it's all good.

Best of luck getting settled. All I can say is give yourselves time. We had a tough first year but now really feel we've made a great decision in emigrating.

Victoria

Guest VickyBro

Hi Lisa

Reading your post took me back 3 years to when we first arrived. It does get better :wubclub:

I have 2 boys (18 & 14) who attend Berwick Secondary College now and they like it, so hopefully yours will be the same.

Both Gavin (43) and I (42 and counting!) would love to catch up with you and see how you're going. I work in Narre Warren so if you would like to meet for coffee or something first just send me an email on vbrown@casey.vic.gov.au and we'll make some arrangements.

Hope to hear from you soon

Vicky

Archived