Midwife - feeling disheartened today

marieh

Finally felt like I was getting some where last week. I've been researching for about a million years now and finally settled on Brisbane as an area to relocate. Sent an expression of interest to the Mater Mothers, they wanted more experience (i'm just a year post reg). I went back to my agent at Geneva Health to move things forward there and she told me all the vacancies in QLD have dried up and are now primarily being advertised through Queensland health not being filtered through agents etc.... I feel back at square 1. Queensland is a very large area, has anyone else got similar information about the job situation in QLD?

I've now started looking at NSW but i've never looked here before, can anyone give advice on areas? I'd like coastal ideally (but it seems so do many others) Being a brit I have everything crossed for warmer climates (hence being interested in QLD first and foremost). Any ideas/ suggestions would be great please........ I really don't know where to start :confused:

thanks

Marie :v_SPIN:

Guest alanjuliecole

I'm also a midwife - we are planning to move to Perth - climate seems very nice indeed (especially for a Scottish person!!).

I have speculatively emailed a selection of maternity hospitals within a reasonable radius of the area we want to settle. Most have replied, all directing me to apply via WA health website. There seem to be plenty of posts. The registration is the longest part, and to be honest I would encourage you to start the registration process with AHPRA before even thinking about jobs as it usually takes 3-4 months. Once you have that, maybe you could speculatively email a selection of hospitals in the area you are interested in, enquiring whether they would consider sponsoring your visa application? Good luck, stay in touch xx Julie

Archived