Wollongong

Hi!

Have just moved to Wollongong and looking to make some new friends in the area.

Have been in Australia for a year now and lived in the city, which I loved but we have just bought a place down here as it is cheaper.

I am 27 with a 1 Year old and a stay at home mum. Looking to meet other mums or non mums :smile:

Hope to hear from some fellow poms soon

• 2 months later...

Hi,

How are you guys settling in? We have had a last minute re-location change to my job (from North West Sydney to W'gong), so its been a bit stressful working out whether this is a good move or not!? W'gong looks really nice though, how are you finding it? We have a 2 year old and 5 year old, and I was worried my wife would struggle to meet people in that area and find enough stuff to do. Have you managed to hook up with people yet?!

Hi,

How are you guys settling in? We have had a last minute re-location change to my job (from North West Sydney to W'gong), so its been a bit stressful working out whether this is a good move or not!? W'gong looks really nice though, how are you finding it? We have a 2 year old and 5 year old, and I was worried my wife would struggle to meet people in that area and find enough stuff to do. Have you managed to hook up with people yet?!

• 1 month later...

Hi there!

we moved to woonona in october 2011. i've been pretty luck and met quite a few poms already, some ozzies too but its nice to have a familiar accent too! i'm 28 with a 3 year old and a stay at home mum! am happy to meet up if u fancy? where abouts in the gong are u?

abz

Hey I'm not too far from you (I think) I'm just passed Surry Hills in Waterloo.

I've only been here a month but sure I saw woollengong (however u spell it lol) on a sign today while I was driving near home so don't think it's far.

I'm 26 and a stay at home mom with a 1 year old and a 6 year old who starts school end of Jan. I'd def be up for a meet, let the kiddies play or take them to a baby group, as yet I haven't found any round here.

Zoe :)

Hey I'm not too far from you (I think) I'm just passed Surry Hills in Waterloo.

I've only been here a month but sure I saw woollengong (however u spell it lol) on a sign today while I was driving near home so don't think it's far.

I'm 26 and a stay at home mom with a 1 year old and a 6 year old who starts school end of Jan. I'd def be up for a meet, let the kiddies play or take them to a baby group, as yet I haven't found any round here.

Zoe :)

Hi - you live about 1 hour 15 min drive (using express ways) north of Wollongong.

Hey, where bout u living? U been in oz long? Hi to Zoe too but I'm guessing u are in central Sydney? We are at least an hours drive from there and that would be on a good run! How r u finding oz? We're u here over Xmas? That was pretty strange in the heat! Shouldn't complain tho!!

• 1 month later...

Hoping to move out to Oz in 3 - 4 months as my wife has applied for post at UWS in campbelltown. how far is commute from wollongong to campbelltown? housing looks a little cheaper than in western sydney, is wollongong ok for families as we have two girls under 2? any recomendations on good areas for families which is withing 30- 40 mins of campbelltown would be great.

many thanks

• 4 months later...

Archived