Building a social circle (Inner Melbourne)

Guest DanB123

Guest DanB123

Hi there,

My name is Dan, 26 and over here from the UK, just outside of London. I have been here 5 months so far, met some really cool people, though i am just looking to expand my social circle a little bit more.

I am looking for people who live in and around Melbourne who like to go out for drinks (be it a quick couple after work or a nice weekend bar session), dine out at restaurants and watch movies at the cinema. I also enjoy live sporting events and cannot wait to head out to the beach when the weather perks up.

That's me in a nutshell, would be good to get a few people together, maybe head out for a couple of drinks next Friday 28th October or whenever is convenient.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers

Dan

Hi Dan,

There is a drinks night on the last Thursday of each month which is held in a different central bar each month that is great for expanding your social circle in Melbourne as over 100 people attend these events on a regular basis.

This event is free to attend but all food and drink at own expense. Everyone welcome and feel free to bring a friend or two.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dan,

I'm meeting a couple of ppl after work this Fri 28th if you want to join. Probably 6ish. Not organised anything proper as can't stay later (this time!) but feel free to join. Not sure where yet, will let you know.

Alice

Guest DanB123

Hi Alice,

Thanks for your message, i already have plans for Friday but may be able to pop along to your drinks before them. Let me know the details and i'll give it a try.

What brings you over to Australia and how are you finding the constantly changing Melbourne weather?

Cheers,

Dan

Hi Dan,

I'm meeting a couple of ppl after work this Fri 28th if you want to join. Probably 6ish. Not organised anything proper as can't stay later (this time!) but feel free to join. Not sure where yet, will let you know.

Alice

Hi Dan,

A few of us are meeting in Match Bar and Grill - 249 Little Lonsdale Street - about 5:30/6ish. We may move on somewhere else after a few drinks - I'm loving trying all the different bars!

I'm here for work for six months or so and the intention was to fit in lots of travel at weekends, holidays and at the end of my contract. I'd better get planning! I actually like the weather... I just love the sunshine and there's been a fair bit in the 2 months I've been here. I remember the UK being a lot greyer so anything is better than that!

Alice

Archived