Sydney Hotels

joetrac

Hi ....im going to be visiting Sydney soon and wondered if any one could recommend some reasonable hotel for 2 adults and 2 kids.

We want to stay somewhere close to the CBD but as long as we can get to see the bridge/opera house ect we aren't to fussed.

Cheers:wubclub:

Hi

We stayed at the Metro Apartments on Sussex Street. They were very cheap but the apartment was fab. It had a full kitchen, washer, drier, living room and a mezzanine bedroom for us grown ups (have to admit the kids did sleep on a safa bed, so it could be this isn't practical as I don't know the ages of your kids! LOL ).

Anyway, the room had double height windows overlooking Darling Harbour, the view day and night was just breathtaking. If I was booking again, I would ask for the top floor, overlooking darling Harbour (don't know if we were just lucky to get that one!).

It was within easy walking distance of all the sites, really well placed for the price !! Took us about 10 minutes to walk to the bridge and Opera House with the kids in tow.

Also, a good place to look is Wotif.com: Australia Hotels, Accommodation, Motels. This lists available accomodation available within the next 28 days and is usually at a good discount. If you want to check reviews on your preferred hotel before booking, which I always do, check out Reviews of vacations, hotels, resorts, vacation and travel packages - TripAdvisor. Really useful website.

Good luck - Joanne

We stayed at the Marriott, spitting distance of circular quay, we had staff discount, don't know how much it would cost the general public. Great location though, and very...Marriotty

Ax

The youth hostel is very good too, you could do a lot worse than join YHA. They do family rooms I believe, its near the station.

Archived