30 year old Melbourne based Chick looking for friends!!

Guest YorkiePommy

Guest YorkiePommy

Hi there,

I am 30 yrs old and have been in Melbourne for 1 year and am always keen to meet new female friends who are up for spontaneous drinks/coffees/theatre/cinema and generally enjoying all that life in lovely Melbourne offers!

If anyone can point me in the direction of any upcoming meet-ups that would be great equally would love to meet individuals/arrange a girlie group meet-up depending on numbers. Home-sick central today :( am normally more fun, promise! :tongue:

Hi, I'm also 30 and up for meeting new people and... well pretty much everything you said. I'm in Armadale area - happy to meet up. There's plenty of ppl who go for drinks n stuff :-) Not sure if there is a PIO meetup anytime soon but keep an eye out - that's where I met loads of people. Will pm you.

Alice

Guest Ruby Okim

I haven't been on this website for a while now but have been to a PIO meetup before and had fun. Also, my best friend here is someone I met through this website!

I know how bad home sickness can get. I have lived here for 3.5 years and I still have my moments. I did find it hard making friends to start with, particularly when it seems like everyone is already established in their own circles (although most Aussies I know are really friendly and make you feel welcome). I did find joining social activities, such as salsa, as a great way to meet new people and start up your own social cirlcle.

I'd love to meet some new PIO faces as I haven't been around in a while. I live in Ashwood, which isn't far from you Alice, but happy to meet in the city for drinks? I know a WICKED cocktail bar!! xoxo

Defo up for a drink, either round here (no.6 tram handily goes along High St) or in city. I can do most evenings after work - I work at Monash Caulfield campus and finish at 5ish.

I've been here 3 months and weirdly, haven't been homesick, but would still like to meet more people, especially people nearby to call on for an impromptu drink after work!

Alice

Guest melholden

Hello ladies!!

I'm 33, just moved to Port Melbourne but been here in Oz 4 months now and loving it. Looking to meet other girls for nights out, chilled out afternoons doing girlie stuff or getting out and about doing touristy things around Melbourne and Victoria. Love my food and wine :-)

Mel x

Great, who's up for a mini meet-up then? Trying to think of somewhere to meet convenient for Ashwood, Armadale, Prahran, Port Melbourne... and I don't know many places as haven't been here long! Chapel Street? Or maybe the City is just easier... Random date of Tuesday 29th?

Alice

Guest ClaireL

YorkiePommy,

I know this is a random question, but you haven't just moved into a flat in Elsternwick have you with a girl who is a huge Collingwood fan?

I live Windsor end so I know Wonderland Bar, Hoo Har Bar, La La Land and the union all have happy hour between 4-6/8pm.

South Yarra end there is the Imperial which has happy hour and also Bar Katuk which has great cocktails on happy hour after 5pm (BOGOF I think).

I have dinner plans at 7pm so is anyone up for meeting early say 4pm?

Hey..

I'm up for meeting too, bored of man talk!!...it won't let me look at page 1 tho keeps timing out !? So not sure on details!

Cheers

Caz

Oops, I missed all these recent posts! Shall we say Wonderland bar (just because my name is Alice really!)? I can only make it from about 5:30 though, depending on trams. Can get one or two in before happy hour ends :-)

Looking forward to meeting a few people!

Oops, I missed all these recent posts! Shall we say Wonderland bar (just because my name is Alice really!)? I can only make it from about 5:30 though, depending on trams. Can get one or two in before happy hour ends :-)

Looking forward to meeting a few people!

Anyone joining me?

BTW, from page 1, Tuesday 29th (i.e. TONIGHT), Wonderland Bar Chapel St, 5:30pm unless anyone else can make it earlier.

Guest Dublin2011

Hey ladies how did your meet up go? I am in that area and I am 32 and I have recently just moved to Melbourne. I have my days were I get home sick too not too bad now that I am finally working. Anyhow let me know when you are doing a meet up again as would love to meet new people.

JT:smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

I have only just joined and noticed this post, I am 32 and moved to Melbourne in August. I am sharing a house with my friend (also from UK). I work in the CBD but am living in Bentleigh, hope the meet up goes well tonight and give me a shout if you plan anymore. I haven't been homesick but am feeling a bit jealous of my friends back home all going out on Xmas nights out! :biggrin:

Archived