Guitarist looking for singer for UK Covers

Guest burnisgood

Guest burnisgood

I am a Guitarist (31) with 20 years playing experience. I am originally from London but relocated here (St Kilda area) in 2006. I teach guitar and work for the Mushroom Group so music is my life! I am looking at starting an acoustic duo (or trio) with the difference being that we only play UK covers. A niche not explored much to my knowledge. It could sink or it could swim but in the mean time we would be learning, playing and having fun with some great pieces of music. The thought of playing Farnesy, Barnesy or Summer of 69 is not appealing! As mentioned, I have a day job and part time evening so this is a VERY relaxed thing. Hopefully we will be playing cafes around the St Kilda area (where the fellow poms are!)

The tunes will be from the classics of Beatles, Stones, Who, Kinks etc through to The Jam, The Stone roses, Oasis, Blur, Radiohead, Weller etc to some more modern stuff like Amy Winehouse, Mark ronson, Arctic Monkeys, Adele etc.

Ideally you would be originally from the UK. Not being from the UK is not going to rule you out but you do have to have a passion for the UKs music scene. I know Aussies are a very proud bunch and like nothing more than listening to their own music (I work for an Aussie record label after all!!) but I think the demand could be there for this type of thing.

Own PA would be great. Own transport is essential.

Male or Female but if female then you would have to cover a wide range

Lets do it

Hi There, I moved over from the UK 5 months ago. I havent sang in public for several years but could easily get back into it. I used to do pubs and clubs in the UK. send me a personal message with your details if you wanna meet up for a quick session and go from there.

Archived