Local Schools Advice

Chris&Mel

Hello all, I didn’t know whether to post this thread within the South Australia or the Education section so apologies if I have misplaced this thread.

As a family we are looking to move over in the near future. We have identified an area where we would like to live and was wondering what schools are within that particular area and whether most schools accept pupils outside a catchment area.

Our preferred area’s are Port Noarlunga, Seaford and Onkaparinga Hills, all of which are reasonably close to each other. Again we have identified Port Noarlunga Primary school. Our main reasons though are due mainly to the fact that you don’t have to live within a catchment area to enroll/attend the school. Obviously this would enable us to get the kids straight into school on arrival, giving us one less headache to sort out.

My questions are if anyone can answer;

Are the majority of schools only accepting pupils from within a defined catchment area?

Can anyone provide any feedback on Port Noarlunga Primary School?

Does anyone have any particular recommendations for other schools within the areas I have mentioned?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks Chris n Mel

• 1 month later...
Guest bevevans

Hi,

If you haven't already, join 'poms in adelaide.' There's lots on there abt Port Noarlunga. How old are the children? We have a nearly 12 yr old boy and hoping to be in PN by Summer!!

Bev

Archived