What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

Woke up at 6am, checked my emails, nothing.

Checked emails at 8, 9,10,11,12 then left it until 5 pm and still nothing. C'mon, I want to see progress

Sadly that's exactly what I've been doing! I'm glad when my mind is taken off it!!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Acclimatising myself in the garden ready for Brisbane - 4 weeks today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I should however be sorting boxes and cleaning shoes ready for the shipping company which are coming next Wednesday - Eeeeek! x

We are hoping to be starting work in Brisbane 8 weeks today so are right behind you!

It seems strange that it's going to be colder in Australia when we arrive than the current weather in England!!

Guest hoffer

got pricing on flights to brisbane including 5 day stop in hong kong and had it rejected by work for being excessive

Back to the drawing board i guess

Acclimatising myself in the garden ready for Brisbane - 4 weeks today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I should however be sorting boxes and cleaning shoes ready for the shipping company which are coming next Wednesday - Eeeeek! x

No Need to acclimatise at the mo! Been cold this week, been under 20 degrees!. Good luck with the move, Brisbane is a very nice place to live!

Today we have opened bank accounts, booked flights, shipping company and hopefully car hire. How exciting !!!

Who did you go with? I am very undecided on who to open with. How did you decide? People have said, look at what banks are in the area you want to live in, but we won't decide on that until we are there and have had a good look round.

well i received an email from ANMAC today stating initial assessment done and all documents look in order..phew.....now im in the queue for final assessment. Just hoping it will be quicker than the 12-14 week wait from date application received as stated, fingers crossed x

Woke up at 6am, checked my emails, nothing.

Checked emails at 8, 9,10,11,12 then left it until 5 pm and still nothing. C'mon, I want to see progress

Got the email I've been waiting for this morning! I've passed the paper based part of my skills test, I've got to be in London or Glasgow next Monday for 9AM.:mad: I was under the impression that I'd be doing the next stage by SKYPE. Email time I think

Who did you go with? I am very undecided on who to open with. How did you decide? People have said, look at what banks are in the area you want to live in, but we won't decide on that until we are there and have had a good look round.

we went with AnZ they have no fees with the first 12 months and a online saver. The all looked similar. We can always swop if we don't get on with them. As a bonus they have sent my husband and I 2 SIM cards with $10 dollars each for our blackberry which will be handed for the first few days.

we went with AnZ they have no fees with the first 12 months and a online saver. The all looked similar. We can always swop if we don't get on with them. As a bonus they have sent my husband and I 2 SIM cards with $10 dollars each for our blackberry which will be handed for the first few days.

Thanks for that.

After 7 months of waiting for a 457 visa (our middle sons has Downs Syndrome) we finally fly out next week to live in Collaroy NSW for 4 years. Our family has been apart for 7 months because my husband has been working there so we will shortly be reunited. I really hope it will be worth the wait and the stress we have been through to get to where we are...

Woke up this morning and the first thing I did was check the vetassess web page from my mobile before I even got out of bed. I only sat the interview on Monday but it went so badly that I thought it couldn't take too long for them to decide I was unsuccessful. I was right, it didn't take them long to decide but I had to look twice, three times even, I also asked my wife to check I was reading it right "Final Assessment Outcome: Successful"

I still couldn't believe it so I emailed my agent to check and he has confirmed it.

To say I'm chuffed would be an understatement!

Woke up this morning and the first thing I did was check the vetassess web page from my mobile before I even got out of bed. I only sat the interview on Monday but it went so badly that I thought it couldn't take too long for them to decide I was unsuccessful. I was right, it didn't take them long to decide but I had to look twice, three times even, I also asked my wife to check I was reading it right "Final Assessment Outcome: Successful"

I still couldn't believe it so I emailed my agent to check and he has confirmed it.

Well done you!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

What trade are you mate? I've got my skype interview on Monday at 9am, only a 4hr drive to get there:mad:

Archived