What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tandcmum

time is running out and still so much to do and seem to have a quite a big social calendar developing over the next few weeks. Just wiating for a colleague to get back to me about what pieces of furniture she wants off us then the rest will go on gumtree this week.

only 8 shifts left at work and I'm starting to dread my last day, i just know I am going to be a wreck all day

Nothing heard yet from our second viewing on Friday..................................but a neighbours' daughter and son-in-law are interested in taking a look tomorrow with a view to using it as a BTL before they move back from Germany in a couple of years.

That would be great as wouldn't have to pay the estate agents fee !!:wink:

Guest guest66832

Renewed my passport last Thursday. On a daily basis I try to spend as little as possible thinking that what I don't spend I get to take with me.

Guest tandcmum

have got two days off work now, was planning on getting a few tip runs done but no hubby is too busy with work stuff still. At this rate we are not going to be ready to go at all and i'm starting to worry about it now. I guess i will just have to do what i can myself

And then had a mini-heart attack at all of the other info that I now need to find and submit within 28 days?!?!?!?!

I thought Medicals and Police clearances were at the END of the processing!?!?!?!

And as for the weblinks, half of the PDF's don't work! Any idea how I can find a declaration of a defacto relationship to attach??

(and here was me thinking IELTS and VETASSESS were stressful!)

A lot of work for something you will leave behind but very nice all the same - good work Mr WW !!

It should certainly wow any potential buyers:wink:

Thanks Chardy!! It sure was dude - the air was blue, LOL! But apparently WW says he WILL do it for me again (even though I thought he'd scream 'Never Again!!') - we'll see.:nah: Hope the next person likes it too - looks super with the new carpet that went in today!

Guest Hacking family

well since the last time i visited here i have sent a second visa application as my first got lost and was sent to New York where it still is. My second attempt is now in Australia where the HR department where i have my job offer are making sure it's ok before submitting it. We have moved in to rented accommodation so there are boxes everywhere and i'm getting very impatient. Its all getting very real now and the wobbles are setting in.

Today we took our house off the market because we have had a couple of silly offers and we don’t think that we will get the price we need to make the move. We did the sums and have worked out that if we sell our house in the current market we would land with very little or nothing to our name and we would have to start again from scratch, and then if it didn’t work out we would have to come back and start from scratch again.

However, this is not a negative thing as we have decided to spend a little money and do a bit of work in order to prepare the house for rental, which means we will still land with very little but at least we will have a safety net back in the UK if things don’t work out down under, and if things do work out then we can always sell the house when the market is buoyant again.

So a slight delay to the move but a good decision for the future.

Derham - why did the inteview not take place? How annoying!

Lee - WhoooHooo - hope the SS comes through quick Mate.

Dont know it was arranged for 7am WA time (midnight our time), sent an email to the person who arranged the interview and it's bounced back as unrecognized, weird considering we've sent each other about 6 emails when we originally set up the interview. It's a bit disheartening.

Lee you'll get your SS in a few day's, you will probably be in Oz before me the way things are going, good luck.

Archived