What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

Just a few days after our visa was granted, I've been job hunting today. Tailoring CVs and covering letters and getting them sent off by email. Not just to advertised positions but to companies who are in the right business but have no vacancies advertised.

I've sent 22 in all so it'll be interesting to see how many (if any) reply in the coming days!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tandcmum

this is my last week at work and whilst i love my job i just need this week over, I've been detaching myself from it a little bit to try and make it a bit easier but the resulting fact is i know really can't be bothered this week. Could also be due to the fact i'm exhausted and just want to have time to get everything organised now and get going.

List of things to do seems to have doubled, going to be a very bust couple of weeks before we go

I've been stripping wallpaper all weekend, it's dull and time consuming work but I think painted walls will be easier to maintain when the house is rented out.

I also added another engineering company to my favourites list.

Guest laroo76

We had our first viewing today!! Really nervous to start with but I think it went ok. Dont know why, but I think they liked it, but not going to put an offer in, so we will see what they say to the agent tomorrow. But on a good note it felt good to get the first one out of the way and practice what to say to people. Lets hope some more viewings roll in!!

Just got a few quotes on shipping, JohnMasons, White & Company are front runners. Any recommendations?

Looking to buy property to fill my current flat for rental!

Hmmm, and playing waiting game with state sponsorship. Touch wood on NSW SS!

Just got a few quotes on shipping, JohnMasons, White & Company are front runners. Any recommendations?

hi

We have had whites and britania round, we need to sell lots of furniture where do you live? We have got beds, drawers etc...conservatory furniture...dining room...garden stuff etc...

Looking into shipping over small amounts of stuff, just to avoid possible excess baggage! Its a drop in the ocean i know but it may spare some cash for having fun in the sun! Does anyone know of a thread about avoiding customs or quarantine charges? I couldnt see one!

Sent off the missing signature witnessed documents to APHRA today, and discovered that the main application documents I posted on thursday have arrived in Melbourne for delivery :biggrin:

ahpra wont start the process untill all paperwork is there :( they are so up their own erse

Hiya Dave,

We got a very competitive quote from Crown in Livingston. They seemed to bet the other quotes we had, so our things are on route with them!

Donna x

Guest tandcmum

2 days at work left to go, i've never felt so excited yet so sad.

My list of things to do still is scarily long though, really do feel like time is running out now!!!!

well on monday with one week to go an evil little f@cker at my daughters school threw a plastic slide at her legs while at school and she was rushed to hospital - found the leg was broken, had to have an operation with pins put in. She is only 9. She is now in a cast for six weeks and cannot fly. I have had to cancel flights, shippers my tenants who were due to move in and everything else that you all know is entailed in emigrating to Australia. My husband now has to go over there on his own otherwise he will lose the job. He will leave on wednesday and we will not see each other until mid may. With only days to go until we started our new life together I cannot believe this has happened to my daughter through another childs deliberate actions. The parents have not bothered to contact me and we are going to incur even more expense. Got to find this month and next months mortgage and money to live on as my husband finished work last month. I am so so so so angry and I want revenge.

Oh my God thats awful, I cannot believe that and can't imagine how you're feeling.

But your dream is still alive just hasn't started how you planned.

You will soon all be back together living the life as you'd imagined.

Hope your daughter is ok and that you and your OH keep your spirits

:hug:

Archived