What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still in a mad panic about where we will live after the house is sold before we go to Oz, don't want to pay 6 months rental for 13 weeks plus the stupid agency fees.

In the background trying to convince the missus a flight on 20th Sept would be good (nothing to do with the Singapore GP of course !):wink::laugh:

Good Luck with the interview Derham - Finger's crossed that's the end of late nights waiting for you Guys.

Seemed to go well and they have already stated that I will be having a second interview via skype in a week or so (if they get the time differance correct this time).

Seemed to go well and they have already stated that I will be having a second interview via skype in a week or so (if they get the time differance correct this time).

Good luck with the 2nd one too Derham! :biggrin:

Last night I told my sister, I was dreading this, that we were hoping to move to Oz to work and live. I shouldn't have worried. she was only concerned about who would run interference with our Dad for her as she doesn't really speak to him, not civilly anyway.

This morning I told my godmother, another one I dreaded telling, for different reasons. She is abroad at the moment but my sisters are joining her next week. she was really positive about it. It was a huge weight off my mind listening to her. She is one of the very few my kids will really really miss if we go.........

Now I have to find out about how she might get to visit us if and when we get over there...........I feel a lot lighter now. :embarrassed: :smile:

Thanks Donna, I will try them!

My cheapest so far is £2475

When do you guys head out?

x

Hiya Dave,

We got a very competitive quote from Crown in Livingston. They seemed to bet the other quotes we had, so our things are on route with them!

Donna x

Still in a mad panic about where we will live after the house is sold before we go to Oz, don't want to pay 6 months rental for 13 weeks plus the stupid agency fees.

In the background trying to convince the missus a flight on 20th Sept would be good (nothing to do with the Singapore GP of course !):wink::laugh:

were back living with the parents, thing is nither house is big enough so 3 of us are living between 2 houses 7 mile appart for atleast another 8 weeks,,,,,,, MAJOR STRESS. try and talk someone into a 3 month rental just dont do what we have done :(

thing is that you would think you will save alot of money but thats not the case because every chance we have to do something as a family were away doing it, spending a fortune

were back living with the parents, thing is nither house is big enough so 3 of us are living between 2 houses 7 mile appart for atleast another 8 weeks,,,,,,, MAJOR STRESS. try and talk someone into a 3 month rental just dont do what we have done :(

thing is that you would think you will save alot of money but thats not the case because every chance we have to do something as a family were away doing it, spending a fortune

Hope the time flies for you Gordon! I would hate that!!

Guest tandcmum

I have left work and am now officially a lady of leisure for about the next month, other than packing and cleaning and more packing and moving to the other side of the world etc etc

very sad today despite also excited

I've booked my academic IELTS test for May 12th. I've also ordered a full copy of my birth certificate and a copy of my first marriage certificate which was chewed by the dog I had at the time lol!

Not major progress in the grand scheme of things but small steps :)

I've booked my academic IELTS test for May 12th. I've also ordered a full copy of my birth certificate and a copy of my first marriage certificate which was chewed by the dog I had at the time lol!

Not major progress in the grand scheme of things but small steps :)

Clearly you Dog doesn't like you Ex. Its a long journey and it is quite easy to feel that you haven't made any progress and stall, but every bit of progress counts in the end!

Prayed al lot (prayed the house will sell, prayed we get a good price for the house (if we sell) prayed I can get a job, prayed we can afford a decent house, prayed we find a good school for the kids, prayed that we will have money left after the whole process and on it goes):angel_happy_face_ha

Prayed al lot (prayed the house will sell, prayed we get a good price for the house (if we sell) prayed I can get a job, prayed we can afford a decent house, prayed we find a good school for the kids, prayed that we will have money left after the whole process and on it goes):angel_happy_face_ha

Would group prayers for this help us more?? :angel_happy_face_ha

Fly to Perth on Monday and there is still so much to do!:unsure: I'm going to have to leave some of this for when we get back from the Reccie!

Yay.... Fantastic news. Hope the whole Weazel family have a fantastic time over in Oz. Make sure you tell us all about it when your back.

AC

Lost 8lbs this week so well chuffed - My 2 dogs are hiding as they are worn out from all the walking we have been doing.

Still not heard about the AQF III.

Mr & Mrs Webweasel, I am very jealous, but hope you have a fantastic time and cannot wait to hear your thoughts.

Shippers have been here packing our house up today, ready to load into container with the car tomorrow - they were very efficient!! Now sitting in my living room looking at all the boxes and furniture all packed up and feeling a bit wobblyI have to admit!

Excited about going and meeting up again with my OH who has been in australia for almost 2 months now, but very sad to be leaving our home and family behind. And terrified about it all too! It's all starting to seem a bit real now! Flying out next monday to Melbourne, not long now!

I have to say this thread has been really useful in keeping me going, seeing the little things that everyone is doing to get closer to making the big move, and adding in each little step we have made really helps to keep it in perspective - great stuff! :-)

Keep going everyone!

Yay.... Fantastic news. Hope the whole Weazel family have a fantastic time over in Oz. Make sure you tell us all about it when your back.

AC

Mr & Mrs Webweasel, I am very jealous, but hope you have a fantastic time and cannot wait to hear your thoughts.

So what did I do to get my self to OZ, well I got on a plane!! and now I'm currently sitting at Kuala Lumpur Airport waiting to board my connecting flight to Perth !

Guest tandcmum

mainly panicking, thats what I am doing. 10 days to go and not a sniff on most of our furniture, wish we had taken it now as it's all going to end up in the tip or at the sally army.

I'm going into town today to get my Aussie dollars :)

also need to book a hair appointment to get my locks chopped off ready for leaving do on saturday night, and ready for the warm weather.

still not packed :chatterbox:

Got the email to confirm the children are offically Aus citizens:biggrin: Whoop Whoop!

This is supposed to be simple procedure, but as hubby was born in Papau New Guniea its not that simple, we have been waiting for this news for 3 months almost!

Felt so great this morning when I read the email, we all had a happy jig around the house!

Its weird though, as you want to shout your good news from the rooftops, but most freinds and family don't want to know as it means it really happening :(

But we are over the moon, just me left to wait for a reply on now, only another 4 months to wait:rolleyes:

Also was going to car boot tomorrow but the showers down here (in a drought area!) are monsoon like today, so I think we will wait till the weekend

Archived