What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

No metal luckily and yes a POP (if that means plaster ???).

Feel a bit of a :ssign1:idiot for doing it !

Yes POP = Plaster of Paris. At least if it's a POP you usually don't have to have surgery, so fingers crossed it heals quickly. :biggrin:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Hacking family

Have got my ENS121 visa, still slightly shocked as I was told it could take between 3 to 7 months to process, let the extreme panicking and jubilation begin xx

Guest tandcmum
Have got my ENS121 visa, still slightly shocked as I was told it could take between 3 to 7 months to process, let the extreme panicking and jubilation begin xx

Huge congratulations Sarah, that was super quick. I remember the feeling when i woke up and checked my emails and saw my grant letter sat there.

When are you hoping to make the move?

Guest tandcmum

had a slightly better sleep last night, but still awake far too early and still feel that sicky nervy way, time to throw some more of the last bits and pieces today, nip into town for a bit of a break and pick up some thankyou cards and pressies for a couple of people, then i have a friend coming over for the night which im looking forward to, and then we are down to 2 days to go

need to re-pack the suitcases as at the moment it's all just thrown in, and sort out our hand luggage, still not quite sure how it's all going to get done in time

Guest tandcmum

I got a very lovely suprise phonecall from a PIO member who is already out in Townsville this morning, we have been in touch since meeting on here about a year ago and it was so nice to get the call and the offer of support when we arrive, means a great deal to us and makes the nerves settle just a little bit.

I got a very lovely suprise phonecall from a PIO member who is already out in Townsville this morning, we have been in touch since meeting on here about a year ago and it was so nice to get the call and the offer of support when we arrive, means a great deal to us and makes the nerves settle just a little bit.

A big help for you. My best friend from school is in Townsville, emigrated about 6 years ago.

Well we only went and received my husbands Subclass 100 today, woo hoo!!!!

So I'm one very happy AussieChick :0)

Does'nt change too much, the girls and I are still off next Sunday and he will follow us out when he's finished at work. But as it was me who completed all of the forms etc on my own I'm feeling a strong sense of achievement, lol... And it's one less thing to worry about.

AC

Guest laroo76
Well we only went and received my husbands Subclass 100 today, woo hoo!!!!

So I'm one very happy AussieChick :0)

Does'nt change too much, the girls and I are still off next Sunday and he will follow us out when he's finished at work. But as it was me who completed all of the forms etc on my own I'm feeling a strong sense of achievement, lol... And it's one less thing to worry about.

AC

well done!! It's the best feeling in the world isn't it! We accepted an offer on our house yesterday so hope to be in Oz in 10 weeks!! Can't wait! Good luck with your flights!

Guest Spencer

Booked flights 24th August ONE WAY !!!!

Booked Shipping for July!!!!

OMG got so much to do!!

But cant bloody wait!

done a few car boots to raise funds and clear out and had some more.quotes for.shipping.I just.wish we could give them something other than between august and February when they ask when we're moving! Still I have someone viewing tomorrow and I know that within the year we'll be there

Well I've posted on this thread a few times along the way and I guess this will be my last post on this one... today I arrived in Melbourne! :biggrin:

It was a tough journey alone (meeting my OH who has been in Melbourne for 2 months already), the flight from Heathrow was delayed 6 hours meaning I missed my connecting flight in Kuala Lumpur and was booked onto the next one 12 hours later. The airline were great though, gave passnegers who'd missed their connecting flights hotel accommodation and meals in KL which was actually a great opportunity to have a shower and eat some real food before boarding the ongoing flight. Still, after leaving home on monday morning at 6.30am uk time, I was VERY glad to land in Melbourne this morning 8am Melbourne time!

Feels a bit unreal at the moment, (and it's raining so feels a lot like the uk!) but excited to start looking for a new home here and starting new job next week.

So thanks everyone, and to everybody still working towards making the move I hope it all goes smoothly and works out. The list of things to do is daunting and the goodbyes are sad, but hopefully it'll be worth it! :biggrin:

Guest asaandanirish

just paid for my medicals for saturday!!! downloaded the forms gonna fill them all out tonight!

excited!

cx

Completed an LNR1 form to rent my property out, and provided migration agent with more payroll evidence for VISA.

So just sitting tightly hoping for a positive outcome on my 176 SS appication. Also had a look at Aus credit cards, those annual fees are pretty high!

Hopefully be a few days now for the state sponsorship, hopefully not the end of the dream!

Guest tandcmum

well I am sat here in almost an empty house, it's empty of furniture right enough. Clothes to take to recylcling place today, do a final re-pack of bags, couple of cleaning jobs to do etc.

went back into work yesterday to take in thankyou pressies, and it was very very surreal, the atmosphere was weird and it honestly just felt like a ward not my (work) home. Lovely to say goodbye to some of my closest friends there but just on that visit it was easy to see who will be the ones that I won't lose toouch with and those who have already forgotton you.

Roll on tomorrow is all I can say, just get me on that plane and get me to Oz

well I am sat here in almost an empty house, it's empty of furniture right enough. Clothes to take to recylcling place today, do a final re-pack of bags, couple of cleaning jobs to do etc.

went back into work yesterday to take in thankyou pressies, and it was very very surreal, the atmosphere was weird and it honestly just felt like a ward not my (work) home. Lovely to say goodbye to some of my closest friends there but just on that visit it was easy to see who will be the ones that I won't lose toouch with and those who have already forgotton you.

That´s the spirit go girl!!! What time are you flying? Have a good one, see you in OZ :cool:

Guest tandcmum
[/size]

That´s the spirit go girl!!! What time are you flying? Have a good one, see you in OZ :cool:

we are leaving the flat at 2pm to go to edinburgh airport, flight from edinburgh not till 17.30 but im counting it from the time i walk out the flat. I've got that countdown to holiday feeling now when the last 24 hours is just torture

Wishing you the very best for tomorrow - hope the flights go smoothly - looking forward to seeing your first post from Oz :biggrin:

Guest Hacking family
we are leaving the flat at 2pm to go to edinburgh airport, flight from edinburgh not till 17.30 but im counting it from the time i walk out the flat. I've got that countdown to holiday feeling now when the last 24 hours is just torture

Hope the journey goes well xx

Archived