What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cleaned and de-cluttered like a crazed person ready for a 2nd viewing today - nightmare trying to mop floors without being able to put dogs in the garden because of the rain then hanging about at a friends house while she was out (dogs in the garden and 4 kids being told not to make a mess!!!) when all we wanted to do was get back in our house and eat some dinner. Fingers crossed that they still like our house - viewing at 4pm means the busy road outside will be even more busy than usual. Keep everything crossed for us PIOers :wink:

I handed my notice in today, had to give 3 months notice, well 95 days and countdown from today, my visa due mid July, Aphra registration anyones guess..... but so excited, now to sell all furniture and get house ready to rent out until housing market picks up. BIG SMILES!!! :biggrin: can't wait to get back to my husband xx

Got my 155 Resident Return Visa in Feb this year after returning to the UK in Mar 2010 after 3 years in Adelaide due to missing family and friends :wacko: I believe it's time to ping-pom back to Oz. With hindsight we shouldn't have bought and extended a run-down house and to spend a year doing it up, and for the last few months it's been none-stop decorating in between going to work. Had the plasterers in this week now I've got three rooms to paint before carpets can go down. Now the house is nearly complete it is looking great, and it seems crazy to leave it after all the hard work and disruption. Just miss Oz too much and want my kids to a better future, enough said. At least another months work before I can get the estate agents round. Will get there in the end, day by day, if I keep plugging away. Might just tune the computer into some internet Aussie radio station to keep my spirits up. Should it be Mix 102.3 or Cruise 1323 for some easy listening?

Regards Warren

Hubby has sorted a 6 month sabbatical from work for the end of March 2013. This means we can go and job hunt and see how we settle and if it all goes wrong and we run out of money, we can come back to a job in his current department at his current pay grade. We HOPE to not need this safety blanket but it's a good thing to have in light of our failure to secure a job in Oz.

Need to book a validation trip before Dec 6th but that can now be a holiday ready for one way tickets in 2013 - feeling quite excited as the starts of an actual plan is coming together :biggrin:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Just re-read an ex-pat servey on just how much better things are in Australia, especially for our kids and it sure has given me a boost.

Estate Agent coming on Monday morning to look at house and give us a verdict on sale v rent etc

Kitchen company coming to give a quote on refurbishing the kitchen as now 16 years old and a bit tired looking but essentially sound.

And another weekend painting cills, architrave and skirting! :biggrin:

Just re-read an ex-pat servey on just how much better things are in Australia, especially for our kids and it sure has given me a boost.

Sound's like just what my wife needs to read to give her a bit more enthusiasm about a move down under. Do you have a link for the survey?

Estate Agent coming on Monday morning to look at house and give us a verdict on sale v rent etc

Kitchen company coming to give a quote on refurbishing the kitchen as now 16 years old and a bit tired looking but essentially sound.

And another weekend painting cills, architrave and skirting! :biggrin:

I'm doing exactly the same at the moment. Just had three rooms plastered so plenty of painting for the next few weeks.

Guest Hacking family

Been browsing the internet for flights and trying to decide how much stuff we want to take with us. Now having constant arguements with our 11 year old who has now decided that she doesn't want to move to oz. I am enemy number 1 in her eyes and it's quite soul destroying as it gets me thinking too much too about the things i will miss here in the UK, but hey some days are better than others and i can't wait to be near the ocean xx

Sorted through wage slips, located old rental agreement, and yesterday enquired about converting our rental account into a shared bank account.

Still wont be applying until next year, but we want to take steps every month towards filling the application. :)

Been browsing the internet for flights and trying to decide how much stuff we want to take with us. Now having constant arguements with our 11 year old who has now decided that she doesn't want to move to oz. I am enemy number 1 in her eyes and it's quite soul destroying as it gets me thinking too much too about the things i will miss here in the UK, but hey some days are better than others and i can't wait to be near the ocean xx

I will soon have the same problem with my 11-year-old son. He doesn't know yet and I am dreading telling him. He's got some good mates that mean the world to him. He will definitely not want to go to Oz and have major tantrums. A kid's whole life is their mates at that age. Got to make the move soon as when kids get into their teens would be a nightmare to drag them away from boyfriends/girlfriends etc...

Archived