What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

Guest Hacking family

I will soon have the same problem with my 11-year-old son. He doesn't know yet and I am dreading telling him. He's got some good mates that mean the world to him. He will definitely not want to go to Oz and have major tantrums. A kid's whole life is their mates at that age. Got to make the move soon as when kids get into their teens would be a nightmare to drag them away from boyfriends/girlfriends etc...
Good luck with that, I hate seeing her upset but I'm sure she will enjoy her time in oz. She has said she wants to go for a holiday I think it's just dawned on her how soon we will be moving. Think we are all feeling the strain let's hope it's worth it x

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got back from holiday at the end of last week and it's been all systems go since. I put in my skills assessment applicaton wth CPA on Saturday, went to see a friend this morning who could copy and certify all of my required documents for free. So all of my evidence is sat in an A4 envelope by my front door now waiting to go to the Post Office tommorow. CPA's webste says they are turning around applicatons in 2 weeks so I should be able to get everything approved and get my PR application in soon :)

Congrats daveg! :) Woo hoo! One step closer! I'm still waiting on my VETASSESS assessment, but I've been in contact with a professor in Melbourne and he's interested in me pursuing my postdoc with his lab so will be giving a presentation in his lab coming July! :) (Not done today but just got back from Paris for a mini-break!)

Congrats DaveG.

I have developed a nervous twitch in my eye, but lost another 4lbs this week.

Just sent off further evidence to assessors, another week of pacing, hair pulling (My OH will be bald if he gets there at this rate) and lots of sighing from me:biggrin:

I'm having a bit of a research day today.

I was planning to go the 175 route for my application because I didn't want to be restricted to a certain area but I'm having a bit of a re-think on this as the visa processing time is so much longer than the 176 route. My documents all went off for my skills assessment yesterday as planned, so in around 2 weeks time I'll be ready to lodge my 175 or apply for state sponsorship.

So yes, lots of research ... I'm checking every state to see who would sponsor me, the processing times and costs etc and I'll balance that with what the jobs available situation is on Seek. If I'm going to go the 176 route, I want to make sure I'm not shooting myself in the foot so to speak.

Hello everybody,

I received a confirmation today in the post from TRA for my application for trade recognition and filled out the SA electronic application form (for 475 visa). Waiting now for the successful result so that I may send it along with all the other documents for the application to SA.

Sorry haven't posted on for a while lol haven't had much to do - but today - had a viewer for our house who was here for over half hour, posted off my application form for the college I want to go to on the Gold Coast and also opened an australian bank account. Spent the other half of the day either cleaning or on this site!!!!

:wink:

Guest laroo76

Had survey done on house. All ok do will speak to buyers this weekend to work out moving dates! Getting real now!

Archived