What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Hacking family

Well I've handed my notice in at work and booked the one way tickets, we leave on the 28 June. Still doesn't feel real, it's such a strange feeling xx

Guest laroo76

Had our house buyers come round to measure up, all went well. Now waiting for contracts to exchange so we can get booking flights and shipping etc. Woohoo!

Guest laroo76

Decided to have a holiday when we arrive for three weeks. So we are going to fly into Cairns, buy a car and some camping gear, then give the kids the kids the holiday of their lives working our way down the east coast, until we arrive in Brisbane.. So excited!

Decided to have a holiday when we arrive for three weeks. So we are going to fly into Cairns, buy a car and some camping gear, then give the kids the kids the holiday of their lives working our way down the east coast, until we arrive in Brisbane.. So excited!

What a fab idea!

Finished painting the cloakroom, more skirting boards/architrave and window cills. Texted a friend whose son paints to see if he would come and give me a quote to do some more rooms. Sent some emails, arranged to see some Oz people next weekend re work, emailed APHRA to check all documents arrived yet. :biggrin:

I need a holiday!!

Cairns to Brisbane sounds fabulous!! Enjoy!

Guest Hacking family

The Hacking family now have suitcases, also spent most of today organising paperwork and sorting toys with my youngest daughter.

I haven't done much today. I am making a point of visiting places in London I have never been, so today had brunch with some of my best friends in Dean St Townhouse, Soho.

Then I went luggage shopping for the 2nd time in a week - got some more advice, better than the last time, but still came away empty handed.

Emailed a friend in Oz for luggage advice due to stressing out about my indecisiveness.

Watched two episodes of Australia's Next Top Model!! - I don't know why but this show makes me feel calmer and excited about my move!!

I got an email back today from AQIS in regards to importing my baby grand piano which my dear father bought for us when we were kids and it is possible to import it without a special import permit! :) Very happy!

Well we now have our car imports licences (for 2 cars) and the import licence for the dog came through and confirmation that space was available 2nd week in July at the quarantine centre. But still haven't managed to get a sniff at a job and the house will not sell

Guest nimhug

I just dropped my boyfriend at the airport for his flight to Oz :-( have been crying since. Need to pick myself up and get planning my move now!

I just dropped my boyfriend at the airport for his flight to Oz :-( have been crying since. Need to pick myself up and get planning my move now!

Thinking of you, I left my husband in February and waiting for my VISA hopefully end of July. Get planning, it does help and keep busy. Keep us updated x

Applied for my Spouse Visa in February and hope to have my visa granted late July, fingers crossed. Have my APHRA letter now so hopefully will find nursing employment.

Well today and yesterday I spent time clearing out our stuff again, lots to do! In between working flat out. Trying to get organised, but finding it hard to get motivated. Freight companies coming to quote shortly. Just wish I could wake up next to my husband in Oz :em4600: Such is life, but hopefully it will fly by xx

Guest asaandanirish

phoning up the medical centre in manchester to TRY and find out why my medical stuff hasnt been sent to the DIAC as my husbands has been submitted 2days ago!!!!! argg....no they wee not very helpful or clever about the whole thing!! will be chasing them up tomorrow again!

frustrating!

While I've been away sunning myself in Kos on a "mums holiday", my hubby has sold the house and had a phone interview for job in Oz and gotten it! Not sure what he needs me for anymore :-( Amazing leap forward for us - just waiting for the agency to finalise details and then sign the contract before hubby hands in notice (think they want him to start in Melbourne on 2 July) SO just need to keep this on the downlow locally speaking so the buyers don't decide to reduce their offer as we now have a reason to move out - rejected low offer before because we weren't desperate) Just need to get some paperwork sorted before booking flights, organising shipping, kennels and flights for dogs, sorting schools and kindy and finding somewhere to live..... Hubby will go first to start work and I'll try and sort it so the kids finish the school year with their friends. That said - still trying not to get too excited till I'm holding the employment contract in 1 hand and the exchange of contracts for the house in the other :-)

Guest laroo76

Just ordered all my boxes from Sevenseas, so we can pack abit each weekend, so its not so manic all in one hit!

Lately I’ve been decorating and generally sorting through our things, I also downloaded a couple of job adverts to go through and apply for, not with any particular gusto, just plodding along. But today I was reminded of the British interpretation of “Teamwork” which turns out to be “Your job is to make me look good and I’ll reap the rewards, but as soon as it goes wrong it’s your fault.”

I’m a pretty quiet person who tends to keep their head down and get on with things, but I get really annoyed when other people blame me for their own incompetence. I admit to my mistakes and I also expect others to as well. So I have renewed vigour to get on with things as soon as possible and get out of this dog pit.

Congrats Mumoffour, it's amazing what a man can do when left to his own devices.

Would've been even better had he cleaned the bathroom just once that week and maybe mopped the kitchen floor!?! It's so sticky that I don't want to walk on it without shoes :confused:

Archived