What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tracey72

Got 457 visa approved yesterday so going anytime soon! Trying to get out of our mobile phone contracts :-( no joy without big termination fee. Sorting out the house ready to rent out by throwing soooooo much away. Got so much to do but going down my list each day :err:

Got 457 visa approved yesterday so going anytime soon! Trying to get out of our mobile phone contracts :-( no joy without big termination fee. Sorting out the house ready to rent out by throwing soooooo much away. Got so much to do but going down my list each day :err:

Well done Tracy! :cute:

Congratulations!

Wishing you all good things for your new adventure.

Jxxxx

Well after a manic few days and sitting happily knowing my visa has been submitted, the DIAC requested me to do the police check and medical. I had the police form completed ready to post, and had the medical yesterday (a day after request) due to a cancellation!

Operation Aus is go go go go go go go go go!

When do you think I should book flights, once the visa is actually through? I was looking to fly on July 15th ish!

Cheers,

Dave

** Happy Days **

Guest Burchos

Just had a call from Estate Agent and we have had a great offer on our house - SOLD yipeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!! Australia here we come :laugh:

IELTS practice test and wow :goofy:- I thought people were exaggerating. It seems they were not.

I think we all (if not most of us) thought how difficult can it be as you read, write and speak English all day - little did we know. Good Luck with your exam.

Guest asaandanirish

shipping!!- got 3 shipping companies booked to survey our little house! eee yay...struggling on the short term rental thing....just seems soooo expensive.... like 500pounds POUNDS a week?????

I've got 5 shipping companies booked in for the first 2 weeks of June to come and give us quotes.

In addition to that I now have 7 (working) days at work before I leave (took voluntary redundancy).

I'm still waiting on hearing from my prospective employers that their sponsorship nomination has been approved so I can apply for my visa.

Quite scary prospect leaving work before I've even put in for my visa, but it was a choice between staying at work until everything was sorted (visa wise), and missing out on a redundancy package that will come in mighty handy when we get to Oz !

Guest Chantel

Hello wonderful PIO family! How's everyone going? We are back on track and more ready than ever to make the move! Been going over our check list today and am pleasently surprised to discover that we are not that far behind schedule and more has been done already than I had thought or given credit to. :) I have a lil yorkie terrier now to prepare for the mov e too now. Thanks to those who have inboxed me asming how I'm doing.

Archived