What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

Heard from skills agent that we should have some "news" on Monday. Once we have the "piece of paper", the house will go on the market and we will move into my Mum's whilst we wait for the "golden ticket". At least we won't have to worry about the Eurozone any longer once the house has sold.

I will be like a demented giblet when I leave my lovely house, but I reckon I could be packed up and out of here in 3 days:biggrin:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday I left my job, it was a very emotional day and a heavy night, so today I am recovering. I've called Malaysia Airlines to find out about baggage allowances and looked at suitcases online again, but thankfully made a decision this time (I think!). My shipping crates have arrived but I can't think about packing right now, so I am writing today off and will start tomorrow.

Lots of positive things going on for people - wonderful :smile:

It has been a good week for us as well with being told that our oldest cat won't require an operation, the younger cat having a successful reaction to the rabies jab, youngest daughter submitting a job application and two of us getting all of our documents notarised on Friday and the 2 AHPRA forms posted off on Saturday :yes:

We're looking to head to Sydney, I can't wait!!!

Wow, would you guys ever head back to UK?

Would love to visit melbourne sometime, whats the weather like there at the moment?

Dave xx

Hi Dave,

We are on the Mornington Penisula, SE of Melbourne. We love it! :jiggy:

We came out to be with our kids, who both live here. Grandkids too!

OH managed to get a job, been here since Dec 2010.

What about you?

Jxxxx

We are working hard to get rid,sell,or throw what we dont want, as we need to condence everything from a 3 bed house into part of a 2 bed house (house share),and hence its "where do you start".Lots of requests for boxes going out...

I've sold my Porsche 911 to help fund my families move. Needs must!

We are feeling the pain, of selling the cherished motor too, but needs must, maybe just maybe something with a V8 to go along with a daily driver when funds allow..

We're looking to head to Sydney, I can't wait!!!

Wow, would you guys ever head back to UK?

Would love to visit melbourne sometime, whats the weather like there at the moment?

Dave xx

It's 13c at the moment but it is 1am!

Yesterday sat out having coffee 18c & sunny, a bit chilly. :wink:

No we have no plans to move back!

We are all together here and all happy. :yes:

Jxxxx

Just heard from our skills agent, OH has passed the written competency for the AQF III. Now just have the technical interview to book.

Taking a night off of stressing, going out tonight!

Excellent news ! Well done to your OH ! Definitely deserves a glass or three :smile:

I got an email this morning letting me know that I was eligible for APHRA registration. :biggrin:

A painter was here all day freshening up the ceilings, walls and skirting boards.

I sent off some emails and am off to do some more painting myself.

I got an email this morning letting me know that I was eligible for APHRA registration. :biggrin:

A painter was here all day freshening up the ceilings, walls and skirting boards.

I sent off some emails and am off to do some more painting myself.

Was wondering when you were going to mention that little fact - I noticed that your signature had changed - congratulations :biggrin:

Done nothing today,nor will i tomoz,will wait till July then i'l have to knock a chunk off the hse price again!,July = one year left on our old PR136 visa...................

I know where you're coming from Pablo, we're in the same boat, ours is up a year in September and cash flow has put the brakes on. Ah well keep calm and carry on eh!

I know where you're coming from Pablo, we're in the same boat, ours is up a year in September and cash flow has put the brakes on. Ah well keep calm and carry on eh!

Ours has been up 3 years out of the last 4 mate,took it off for a year as me Mam got lung cancer after we went over and validated,so that took ten months till she went,back on since she passed away,hard for first time buyers now isnt it,more deposit needed etc,ah well,she has a plan if it doesnt sell,a rich sis in California,and a loan till it sells,not ideal like but might have to if it doesnt sell,we'l see,good luck with the sale Fox

Sorry for the misunderstanding Pablo I meant our visa is up a year in September. As for our house we had it on the market for a year and people were trying it on with low offers so we took it off. Now I'm doing some work to get it ready for rental, which means more money going out and the likelyhood of pitching up with what we've got in our pockets.

Sorry for the misunderstanding Pablo I meant our visa is up a year in September. As for our house we had it on the market for a year and people were trying it on with low offers so we took it off. Now I'm doing some work to get it ready for rental, which means more money going out and the likelyhood of pitching up with what we've got in our pockets.

Well good luck mate,some have gone over with small amounts and made it work,especially those with jobs to go to,so here's hoping eh,nice part of the world the south west btw,worked in Bristol and Bath a lot,and love cornwall

Continuing the packing in the hope our house sale may complete on the 1st June then on to the rental for 3 months. We have 2 sets of boxes, one lot to go straight to Perth and the others of stuff we still need to live with !:err:

Archived