What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Still trying to get our sale completed next Friday so we can get into the rented property and get shippers round, book flights etc, etc !

More phone calls to solicitor/buyer today !:arghh:

I didnt realise you'd sold cos i havent been on this one for a while so havent kept up with everyones updates. congratulations!

Guest Illumanati2

Got my NVQ Level's 2 and 3 Portfoilios from the college ready to include in my TRA APP. Just chasing the last 2 references and I have arranged slicitor to certify all the documents and then sorting out in order ready to submit- just need a little help with part 4 on application and its ding dang do!!!1

My husband and I had our medicals on Wednesday. Very quick an easy (but expensive!!) They should upload our results by wednesday coming. We also received emails from ACRO that our police clearance forms were received on 17th May so should hopefully get our certificates in the next 2 weeks.

Then we just have to wait..............................

Guest wardie77

Had a very positive interview with my Australian office looking at a transfer for the end of the year!

Viewing went well, viewers said they are interested but want to look at a few more houses! Only one negative as they came through the door my 5 year old son announces that we are moving and then fills them in that its to Australia!

We went with letting everyone know where we were going and hence no chain and we ended up getting low offers with the excuse that people didn't want to pay the higher rate stamp duty. One couple even asked the estate agent to find out how soon it was before we had to leave, so we cancelled their viewing.

I've applied for another job today.

After the wedding of one of my older daughters tomorrow I will be able to focus more on decorating the house and getting it ready for rental so that we can be ready to just go over when we need to.

Guest laroo76

Packing packing and some more packing!! We decided to just ship small stuff ie toys, books, clothes, dvds, kitchen stuff etc,, so I ordered about 50 boxes from the shipper,, starting to get worried we'll need more??!! Where do you accumulate all this stuff from???

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Just been up to our golf club with my son and played a quick 9 holes, the weather is incredible, just like Australia, i told him he could have it like this for weeks and months, playing in t-shirts and shorts, he said he would love that, i keep drip, drip feeding him all the positives of going to live in the best country in the world and he keeps talking more positive about going.

Hubby handed in notice at work because he's supposed to be starting new job in just over 4 weeks and will need to fly over and get over jet lag first.

I had the worst morning ever when our buyer came with a friend who just happens to be a chartered surveyor - estate agents told me twice they only wanted to look in cellars but NO! they wanted to do a structural survey!!! Wasn't prepared at all for that and had my youngest baby sick at home so it all became v stressful v quickly :-(

Glass of wine needed me thinks (which btw isn't sold in Coles :chatterbox: - so maybe this whole move is off?!? lol)

Obv wine is sold in Coles - just not my fave barefoot rose (been a looonnggg day!)

Fingers crossed for you gal.

Thanks! Well aware this could go pear shaped quite quickly - at best we're split up for a couple of weeks at worst - few months and hope the house sells at auction. We just both want to go now; which is weird cos it's gone from all me pushing to move, then all him while I was quietly freaking out.

Maybe cross your toes too? :hug:

my two references told me they had been contacted by the nursing manager and will be speaking to them on monday. One of my references sent me a copy of the reference she sent over to oz and it was so very nice brought a few tears ( ridiculous I know) . maybe this is my job offer on its way! Am off to norfolk for the weekend to see my brother who has flown over from the usa and hired a house there for a week. have a really great weekend everyone :) marion

Guest ScOz

Good luck with the job application and hope all goes well with the wedding. Exciting weekend. Enjoy!

After the wedding of one of my older daughters tomorrow I will be able to focus more on decorating the house and getting it ready for rental so that we can be ready to just go over when we need to.

Wishing you all a fabulous day for the wedding. :yes:

Break out the tissues!

Good luck with the job.

Jxxxx

my two references told me they had been contacted by the nursing manager and will be speaking to them on monday. One of my references sent me a copy of the reference she sent over to oz and it was so very nice brought a few tears ( ridiculous I know) . maybe this is my job offer on its way! Am off to norfolk for the weekend to see my brother who has flown over from the usa and hired a house there for a week. have a really great weekend everyone :) marion

It's not ridiculous, it's lovely to feel valued. :cute:

Best of luck Marion.

Jxxxx

Hubby handed in notice at work because he's supposed to be starting new job in just over 4 weeks and will need to fly over and get over jet lag first.

I had the worst morning ever when our buyer came with a friend who just happens to be a chartered surveyor - estate agents told me twice they only wanted to look in cellars but NO! they wanted to do a structural survey!!! Wasn't prepared at all for that and had my youngest baby sick at home so it all became v stressful v quickly :-(

Glass of wine needed me thinks (which btw isn't sold in Coles :chatterbox: - so maybe this whole move is off?!? lol)

Obv wine is sold in Coles - just not my fave barefoot rose (been a looonnggg day!)

Good luck with it all. :wubclub:

Archived