What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sorted through allof my DHs wage slips/invoices/receipts etc. Took me aaaaaaages - he is so disorganised! Got good coverage for most of the past 8ish years, just need to work out how many of them I'd need to submit (I'll be tempted to just upload them all!) and which companies he'd be able to get a reference/statement from. Not much, but hey...it's a start!

We've booked our flights - 23rd June from Gatwick with Emirates - anyone who sees the harassed looking couple trying to keep track of too many children - give us a wave! All thanks to FiL who's lent us some money to get over and get established which we only have to repay on the sale of our UK house (he doesn't actually want us to go but doesn't want us living in poverty while we try and live our dream - fantastic way of looking at it from my p.o.v!)

Still can't quite believe it :biggrin:

We've booked our flights - 23rd June from Gatwick with Emirates - anyone who sees the harassed looking couple trying to keep track of too many children - give us a wave! All thanks to FiL who's lent us some money to get over and get established which we only have to repay on the sale of our UK house (he doesn't actually want us to go but doesn't want us living in poverty while we try and live our dream - fantastic way of looking at it from my p.o.v!)

Still can't quite believe it :biggrin:

Wow that's wonderful. So pleased for you and really great that you have been given the help you need to follow your dream

Millie x

Guest kerry19
yey!!! It won't take long...when are you going to go?

Hoping to be there by October at the latest. Hopefully get a co soon :)

Filled in my PCCs for what is hopefully the 3rd and final time. (Had to have it to register for teaching in QLD for SS application then front loaded a new one with the visa app) Should be ok as I haven't knowingly committed any crimes since the last cert six months ago :err::rolleyes:

Sorted out TRN glitch with E Health so will book meds tomorrow. Expecting the meds to be referred because my son has Asperger's but will hopefully be ok under further scrutiny.

Oh and after successful interview recently for deputy head position at school I have had to tell my boss I might only be staying for Autumn term if the visa comes. :embarrassed:She was fine about it as she knew about the visa app and said I accepted the job in good faith. :cool:

Millie x

Booked car hire. Just need a holiday let now (how much!!!! :eek:) or if there's a pig flying around outside; might even secure a rental for our arrival :wubclub:

Things are certainly moving fast now!!! You need to take a girlie break in Greece again and let the OH sort it out. The holiday rentals are certainly not cheap are they?

Hubbys last day at work is the Friday and we fly on the Saturday night so it's all up to me to sort out - he's done his bit by getting a job!

Today I have:

Ordered new vacumn cleaner filter and "floor brush head bit" and stocked up on bags

Ordered more printer cartridges

Arranged our school visit, enrolment and start date

Arranged a visit from the family who may be re-homing our dogs

Sorting our July birthday etc cards on Moonpig so that I don't have to do it from Oz before I get internet

Exchanged and spent my Clubcard vouchers on socks, pants, pjs etc for kids

and of course; more ebay

Tonight I will be going through shipping quotes with a fine tooth comb to ensure we're comparing like with like OR I may just call it a day and have a glass of wine :cute: Actually shipping can wait another day......hubby and I need a non-Oz night x

Hubbys last day at work is the Friday and we fly on the Saturday night so it's all up to me to sort out - he's done his bit by getting a job!

Today I have:

Ordered new vacumn cleaner filter and "floor brush head bit" and stocked up on bags

Ordered more printer cartridges

Arranged our school visit, enrolment and start date

Arranged a visit from the family who may be re-homing our dogs

Sorting our July birthday etc cards on Moonpig so that I don't have to do it from Oz before I get internet

Exchanged and spent my Clubcard vouchers on socks, pants, pjs etc for kids

and of course; more ebay

Tonight I will be going through shipping quotes with a fine tooth comb to ensure we're comparing like with like OR I may just call it a day and have a glass of wine :cute: Actually shipping can wait another day......hubby and I need a non-Oz night x

Phew! You've made me tired just reading it! :wink:

Busy, busy!

Not long now my lovely and you're new adventure begins! :jiggy:

Jxxxx

Guest Hacking family

Not been on here for a while due to limited internet access and the fact its so easy to spend all day browsing the posts lol.

We have a leaving party booked on Saturday for close friends, family and kids friends. Shipping sorted for 26 June, joint bank account sorted on line, stopping with friends for first week when we arrive and then moving in to rental, still trying to sort out school for my daughters. Now busy taking things to charity shops and tip. My to do list does not appear to be getting any smaller. Also trying to work through my online workplace orientation which is proving harder than imagined as i cant get my laptop to display the bottom half of the page where the next button is lol so at the moment i only have access to page 1 - oh well

I feel I need to step up to the plate after reading what you Guys have managed to accomplish this week!

I have lost another 5lbs this week. Finger's crossed have a builder coming on Friday (the last one went AWOL) and then we can put on the house on the market.

Feeling quite frustrated now.

Been trying to book medicals since last week. TRN glitch. Got that sorted after the weekend. Then a double bank holiday.

Now the clinic I want to use has an entire computer system failure and wont be able to book appointments for a few days. ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

I have impressed upon them that I kind have a deadline to meet and need notice to book time off work but made no diff.

This clinic is 5 minutes up the road and everywhere else is at least a 7 hour round trip. :mad:

Ah well. If anything was straightforward it wouldn't have my name attached to it.

Millie x

I feel I need to step up to the plate after reading what you Guys have managed to accomplish this week!

I have lost another 5lbs this week. Finger's crossed have a builder coming on Friday (the last one went AWOL) and then we can put on the house on the market.

Wow that's amazing. Well done!!

Millie x

Guest laroo76

House finally exchanged today.. Woop woop!! Booking flights tonight for 2.5 weeks time!!! So excited!

Feeling quite frustrated now.

Been trying to book medicals since last week. TRN glitch. Got that sorted after the weekend. Then a double bank holiday.

Now the clinic I want to use has an entire computer system failure and wont be able to book appointments for a few days. ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

I have impressed upon them that I kind have a deadline to meet and need notice to book time off work but made no diff.

This clinic is 5 minutes up the road and everywhere else is at least a 7 hour round trip. :mad:

Ah well. If anything was straightforward it wouldn't have my name attached to it.

Millie x

Its sounds like you & me are having a nightmare ;-)

Archived