Looking for friends on the Sunshine Coast

We are 27 & 24 (OH Scottish, I was raised in Aus but born in Scotland). We have a 2 year old son, who is very energetic!

After living in Scotland for 5 years, we have finally moved back (100 Partner Visa). Given that I'm originally from Sydney, the only people we know up here are family, so we desperately need a new circle of friends!

Happy to organise a group bbq or simply a meet up for coffee.

Hi mrspotatohead! We are off to the sunshine coast in april! Where abouts in the sunshine coast are you based ?

We are starting in Maroochydore but not sure where we will end up due to where the work is!

How is it up there compared to Sydney ? Quiet i bet!

Hi mrspotatohead! We are off to the sunshine coast in april! Where abouts in the sunshine coast are you based ?

We are starting in Maroochydore but not sure where we will end up due to where the work is!

How is it up there compared to Sydney ? Quiet i bet!

We are about 10 minutes from Maroochydore. It is very quiet, but in a good way. The traffic is pretty much non existent compared to sydney!

Good luck with the big move. Are you bringing your things with you or travelling light (ha...5 bags and a toddler so sort of light) like us?

Hi, sounds good..I used to live and work in Sydney and loved it but when we all went back on a reccie in feb last year it was way too busy!!

No we are certainly not travelling light! Have three kids 8,5 and 2 and are sending a container out. Currently trying to chuck the rubbish out but it is hard!

we will be staying in cotton tree.

Sounds like your bringing quite a bit with you then Judy! lol. Would love to meet up with you when you arrive, so do get in touch, especially seeing you have a 2 year old too!

Millie, don't lose hope, you'll get there. Good things come to those who wait! :)

Thanks Simon & deb, I will do that! :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Lolaferrari

Hi,

Me and my partner have recently moved over here after living in NZ for the last 5 years originally from the UK. Living near Caloundra, no children just one cat. I'm 31 just and partner is 35 would love to meet like minded people for BBQ's drinks etc.

Would love to hear from you.

Guest stu mac

Hey potato head , we arrived in caloundra on the 5th of September from the uk .

We also have a 2 year old daughter and some family. What area are you in?

Hi we used to live in Mountain creek nr Mooloolaba, every WEDNESDAY nite at around 6pm a group of friends ( im very good friends with them) meet up for a BBQ or fish n chips and enjoy the evening together, there is entertainment near by too on the beach.We used to have many a great evening down there, when its really bad weather they usually get together at one of each others homes , why dont you just turn up one evening , you will spot Tessa Stevens Car .................IT has her logo on it livingdownunder.net , tell her RIKKI AND MARK sent you from the Poms in Oz website , im sure they will all make you very welcome , they are all expat poms apart from our Denise who is the Kiwi of thee group .

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vickyw1

Hi Judy, we've just moved to kawana from Sydney with our 3 kids, 11, 9 and 2. Would love to catch up when you get here. Also, I know I'm a complete div when it comes to Facebook but can't for the life of me find the expat site you spoke about, any idea what I'm doing wrong?!! Vicky.x

Guest vickyw1

Hi there, we've just moved here with our 3 kids and would be interested in going along on the Wednesday too, if you think that would be ok? Where abouts do they meet? Cheers!

Hi Judy, we've just moved to kawana from Sydney with our 3 kids, 11, 9 and 2. Would love to catch up when you get here. Also, I know I'm a complete div when it comes to Facebook but can't for the life of me find the expat site you spoke about, any idea what I'm doing wrong?!! Vicky.x

hi,if you put into the search sunshine coast ex pats it should come up. good luck and hope to meet up in oz !

Archived