Any AHPRA advice?!

marieh

Hi everyone!

Really want to start pulling my hair out :arghh: I'm a midwife in the UK. I sent my application to AHPRA 27/09/11. They confirmed it had been received and took the money 30/10/11. Shortly after this I was lucky enough to get a job in Brisbane. I sent a copy of my contract to AHPRA as advised by my future employer. AHPRA have confirmed they have received this. Just to clarify I have sent my application to the Sydney office. I have since heard nothing. I email and ring each week always the same answer. Your application is in a line, we are currently very busy etc etc. I always make sure I am very polite because who wants to help the irate women on the end of the phone!?

I'm just posting to ask if anyone knows of anything at all I can do I mean anything! If I thought I could throw money at the problem I would do it in a heartbeat (and I have very little so this highlights my desperation!). This is the most frustrating kind of limbo - there's so much to do but there's no point in doing it before I know when I can go..... I just want to start the ball rolling. I am so close yet so far................................. I know i'm not alone. Just thought there might someone somewhere who has an idea I haven't thought of!?

If not it just feels good to have a rant :biggrin:

Marie

Guest DEANO1968

Hi Marie, We are moving to Perth and my wife just sent her detaisl to AHPRA a week ago !!! Hopefully, its not as bad in WA !!!! Hope you get the rub of the green and things sorted soon.

Cheers

Dean

Guest rachie27

they are very funny bunch and you never know what imformation they will request next. each office id different what might be acceptable for one office wont be in another. good luck all i was one of he lucky ones i sent mine to perth and they started to process it on 4th oct having sent it mid sept and was issued reg in principle 22nd dec but i seem to be the expection to the rule. its a bit of luck im assuming and i had a very good case officer

Hi all

I know it's still early days but I submitted mine to the Brisbane office 2 weeks ago via RM signed for. I know it got there a couple of days later so I rang them last week and they didn't have me on file. She said it could be that the envelope just haven't been opened and is sat waiting to be processed. The money still hasn't come out of my account. An extremely poor service when you think they would be bending over backwards to get nurses registered when they are so short! I plan to ring them up next week and harass them!

Guest rachie27

If you have to send more details or info id send via courier has you cant track royal mail once it leaves the counrty and a courier can normally get it there in 2-3 days. Bare in mind everytime i couriered things it took a week to get get to my casr officer it seems they upload all the paperwork onto the system before sent to the case officer.

Guest DEANO1968

Hi Rachael, thats shocking service and with the requirement for nurses you would think the process wouldbe smoother. Hope you have some joy with your follow up.

Cheers

Dean

Guest robnnic
Hi everyone!

Really want to start pulling my hair out :arghh: I'm a midwife in the UK. I sent my application to AHPRA 27/09/11. They confirmed it had been received and took the money 30/10/11. Shortly after this I was lucky enough to get a job in Brisbane. I sent a copy of my contract to AHPRA as advised by my future employer. AHPRA have confirmed they have received this. Just to clarify I have sent my application to the Sydney office. I have since heard nothing. I email and ring each week always the same answer. Your application is in a line, we are currently very busy etc etc. I always make sure I am very polite because who wants to help the irate women on the end of the phone!?

I'm just posting to ask if anyone knows of anything at all I can do I mean anything! If I thought I could throw money at the problem I would do it in a heartbeat (and I have very little so this highlights my desperation!). This is the most frustrating kind of limbo - there's so much to do but there's no point in doing it before I know when I can go..... I just want to start the ball rolling. I am so close yet so far................................. I know i'm not alone. Just thought there might someone somewhere who has an idea I haven't thought of!?

If not it just feels good to have a rant :biggrin:

Marie

Hi Marie,

Did your job offer letter have a start date on? Mine did and after ringing them last night to see how it was getting on as my start date was in 2 weeks...this morning i got up to an email saying i was now registered.....before that it was just in a pile with everyone elses. Might be worth getting your new employer to write a letter with a start date on if the original didnt have one on...this will add the pressure. (i am not starting on the date in my letter....we still have to sell the house, but it is something else off my mind now i am registered!)

Good Luck

Nic.x.

Archived