Looking to make friends in Sydney :)

Hey everyone,

I'm Zoe, 26 and a Mom of 2. My husband has just been promoted here. We're from Birmingham and arrived here the beginning of Dec. We don't know anyone and it's so so hard to meet people and make friends. Would love to get chatting to other Poms ;) maybe have meets, get kids together to play and my hub would love a man's man (lol) to pub with and chat about football and other boring stuff ;)

We live in Waterloo but have a car to go anywhere, my daughter is starting school in the Eastern Suburbs end of January so will be there frequently too.

Have a good day all :)

Guest Rachelwhitfield

Hi there,My name is Rachel, I'm 26 and I live in Balmain with my husband and two boys (ages 2 & half and 4 & half months).We are originally from Darlington and have been living here for around 18 months, I don't have a car but if you fancy meeting for a coffee and chat just drop me a msg. Catch you later

Guest benmackie

Hi Zoe,

I am always up for hitting the pub and chatting about football so if your husband fancies meeting up drop me a message. My wife is expecting our first child so you guys might be able to offer some advice to us on what to expect!

We live in Vaucluse and I work in the city so happy to meet up wherever suits.

cheers

Ben

Evening all!

Sound like I;m in the same boat as you Ben!!

Arriving 14th feb, so will get valentines out of the way and get on with the serious business of football!!

Would be good to meet some new friends share experiences

Cheers

Noddy

Guest Loopy Lorna

Hi Zoe,

I don't have any children but I am from near Birmingham and my boyfriend loves football and plays in a football team.

We live in the North Shore but have a car so would be able to meet up anywhere.

Look forward to hearing from you

Lorna and Lewis :-)

Hi Rachel/Mrs Billy. I have just posted about this topic on the forum. I'm from Scotland but my husband is from Darlington. I have a 4 year old daughter and live in Lilyfield. We have been in Sydney for over a year but finding it difficult to meet friends. Its much easier when you dont have kids and are out all the time! Do you fancy meeting up ladies ?

Hey guys me and the missus have been in Sydney now for 15 months both still finding it a bit tough to find new friends, i love football and any sports would love to meet up and have a good chat down the pub, we also both stay in Waterloo

where in Waterloo are you Mrsbilly?

Hey all, sorry I've not responded, my little one has been poorly. I'm def up for a meet. How far is Lilyfield from the CBD star1976?

I'm glad I'm not the only one finding it hard to talk to people and meet people. Thought I'd chat to moms at my eldest school but the aussies congregate with the aussie, the chinese congregate with the chinese and us Brits are left, it's sad really :(

Oh well, look forward to hearing from you all :)

• 1 month later...
Guest Budge123

Hi MaryRose 02

I know you posted this a while ago but we have only just joined the forum and noticed your post about spurs. My husband is spurs mad and a former season ticket holder and as we are new to Sydney as well thought it would be great to meet up. Do you still go to The Triple Aces Bar?

Hi MaryRose 02

I know you posted this a while ago but we have only just joined the forum and noticed your post about spurs. My husband is spurs mad and a former season ticket holder and as we are new to Sydney as well thought it would be great to meet up. Do you still go to The Triple Aces Bar?

You should come down to 'the Aces!' as we are always there, some of us anyway. There was a few there last night or rather this morning for Spurs v Swansea. I had a little pub crawl with my mate Bill earlier, met him at The Strawberry Hills, then we walked up to The Clock on Crown then Kinsellas at Taylor Square then back down Oxford and Wentworth to the Aces.

I had two schooners there and strolled back up Elizabeth St at 3.30am on a high! There are always some people there for the games and with the time difference back to 9 hours it should be easier.

7th April Saturday midnight is the next game isn't it? Sunderland V Spurs.

Check out www.ozspurs.com too for details.

I'm not sure what I'm doing before the game but I might go to The Trinity Bar in Surry Hills for a drink/meal. I have some other Pommie/Irish/Aussie friends who go there. I was there on Sat night actually.

But it's a friendly crowd who get in the Aces and I've made a few good friends there. Steve, the guy who organizes it is off to UK though. Not that it matters as it's not a formal thing.

Dave in Surry Hills.

You should come down to 'the Aces!' as we are always there, some of us anyway. There was a few there last night or rather this morning for Spurs v Swansea. I had a little pub crawl with my mate Bill earlier, met him at The Strawberry Hills, then we walked up to The Clock on Crown then Kinsellas at Taylor Square then back down Oxford and Wentworth to the Aces.

I had two schooners there and strolled back up Elizabeth St at 3.30am on a high! There are always some people there for the games and with the time difference back to 9 hours it should be easier.

7th April Saturday midnight is the next game isn't it? Sunderland V Spurs.

Check out www.ozspurs.com too for details.

I'm not sure what I'm doing before the game but I might go to The Trinity Bar in Surry Hills for a drink/meal. I have some other Pommie/Irish/Aussie friends who go there. I was there on Sat night actually.

But it's a friendly crowd who get in the Aces and I've made a few good friends there. Steve, the guy who organizes it is off to UK though. Not that it matters as it's not a formal thing.

Dave in Surry Hills.

Im another ex season ticket holder and i will be there - you should come down as it is a rare 9.45

kick off!! Feel free to call me on 0449 26 22 40 when/if you get there

Cheers

I'm going to Strathfield Sports Club at 7pm to meet some friends for a Korean meal then I shall get the train back to Central for about 9pm, and walk down to The Triple Aces. Will be wearing my striped polo Spurs shirt!

Off to Redleaf for a swim and breakfast now at 0845.

I didn't know there were so many Spurs fans in Sydney. I wish they would all show up for the 2am, 415 am, 5 am kick offs on Sunday mornings, or weekdays! Spmetimes there will be only half a dozen of us for those 'red-eye' games.

One of the guys got himself into a bit of strife last night swearing. Sometimes, he is OTT, BUT, he is also one of the small gang of regulars who never misses a game. These blokes are the backbone of OzSpurs and without them we'd be nothing, reduced to joining the part time fans of other clubs who congregate at 'neutral' zones like Cheers or Star City. Instead, we have our own 'club' with a supportive management who open the pub for the unsocial start times and, like last night, turn off the AFL so we can watch Spurs.

I go to most of the games at the Triple Aces too but it's easy for me as I live 15 minutes walk away and I don't work. But many of the other guys travel long distances across the city for early kick offs and then carry on to work afterwards, often without even an hour's sleep.

It's guys like him who do turn up week after week that ensure we have a venue of our own to go to. I am sometimes embarrassed by the language myself (especially when we play Arsenal) but we are also trying to recreate the atmosphere of an actual match. Some of our Aussie members have never lived in the UK and whilst they might make the occasional pilgrimage to 'Mecca', coming to the Aces is the closest they will ever get to being at an EPL game. For our 'new chum' members, it's a chance to pretend they are still season ticket holders to 'the Lane.'

Archived