34 days to go and getting very scared!

i am moving to Narellan in 34 days and i am so scared that i am going to feel isolated, or that i am going to suffocate my partner, by needing to be around him all the time.

i need to find my own friends, but i have no idea how i am going to achieve this..

im 24 and from just outside newcastle.. although here i dont have a massive group of friends or a buzzing social life ( partly my choice, partly due to work) i have enough friends so that i never feel lonely..

i would just love to have a couple of friends that i could maybe go our for coffee with or movies or dinner or something, even just to have people to text and call, cos i do love to talk :wink:.. also would love to be able to have dinner parties etc. i have no kids, i imagine it would be easier to male friends with other mums, but i guess i would look a bit strange hanging round the school gates looking for friends without a kid :biglaugh:

now i feel like i am writing a lonely hearts add!!

xxx

Guest The Pom Queen
having someone to talk to makes all the difference.. i dont think i could have a very good conversation with the kitten xx

I dont know sometimes you get more sense from animals.

try and find a sports team in the area. A netball team or something, Team sports are a great way to find friends. even a joga or zumba class, or join a gym. I do think the team sports is the best though to make friends. Thats if you are sporty though.

i have just applied to be a volunteer with a few different organisations, so i think that should help me. also we have had new neighbours move in, my partner says they seem really nice, so i could just make friends with them.. so its not looking as scary as i first thought.. xx

Archived