Motorcycles, Adventure and Fun - are you coming out to Sydney soon or newly arrived ?

Guest TheChiefWhip

Guest TheChiefWhip

Hi Guys & Girls,

If your coming over to Sydney or your a fairly new arrival, with an interest in motorcycles, adventure and fun, then maybe you would enjoy a chat with me.

I am happy to chat about life in Oz and share my thoughts and experiences during my first 3 years of living and working in Sydney, I know how stressful the whole process of migration is and all the questions that pop up.

Cheers.

Guest TheChiefWhip

Hi Harvey, there are lots of intersting places in NSW to have fun off road on two wheels. There is quite an active social & racing scene, so if thats your thing then you will have fun. What bike(s) do you run? or are you looking to start riding?

Hey cheif I race a honda 450cc over here in uk. I'm thinking of shipping my bike when I come over as I can't afford $5500 for a decent modern bike.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TheChiefWhip

Hi Harvey, sorry for delay in my reply, just in the middle of changing jobs and sorting out various other bits.

If the shipping cost is not to bad, then worth bringing your bike. Have you checked out http://www.bikesales.com.au as yet ?

Are you coming to Sydney ? if so, one of the bike mechanics at the workshop I use is quite involved with the dirt riding scene here.

Cheers

Guest TheChiefWhip

Hi Bear, sorry for delay in response, just a bit crazy with things at the moment.

So I take it that you have landed in Oz now ? which state/city have you chosen ? Are you in to road or dirt riding or both ?

I'm currently in Sydney (been here 2 years), but have given up the idea of carrying on racing dirtbikes. You've got Appin for the occasional MX, but the nearest enduro event seems to be the other side of the Blue mountains near Lithgow - and then only once in a while.

I think you need to be prepared to do a lot of travelling if you want to race enough to make owning a dirtbike worthwhile.

Archived