New to Sydney NW suburbs and looking to meet other mums

Polly68

Hi all, we've been in Oz a year now (457 visa) but initially in Brisbane, where we settled very quickly (have family there). Found QLD very relaxed and people really friendly. Kids and I made lots of friends through school etc. Then hubby got a new job in Sydney, giving us another 4 yrs on the Visa, and we moved here 6 weeks ago. Living in Kellyville now and finding it very different to Brisbane (weather rubbish for a start!). Its a nice enough area but I'm not working at the moment and am really struggling to settle and make friends. I'd love to hear from anyone in the area or moving here soon. I'm 43 and mum to 7yr old twins

Hi

There are a bunch of people in that area who've been talking about a get-together for a while - see here

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/new-south-wales/136569-family-4-moving-baulkham-hills-castle-hill-areas.html

I think they were planning last weekend but our old friend "fail" got in the way ;-)

I'm sure they'll be organising another soon and they all seem not to now each other, so get yourself in there

Weather has been atrocious this summer, hasn't it? It's not typical for Sydney, you've just been unlucky. Ludicrous amounts of rain but still, no bush fires I guess!

Hi all, we've been in Oz a year now (457 visa) but initially in Brisbane, where we settled very quickly (have family there). Found QLD very relaxed and people really friendly. Kids and I made lots of friends through school etc. Then hubby got a new job in Sydney, giving us another 4 yrs on the Visa, and we moved here 6 weeks ago. Living in Kellyville now and finding it very different to Brisbane (weather rubbish for a start!). Its a nice enough area but I'm not working at the moment and am really struggling to settle and make friends. I'd love to hear from anyone in the area or moving here soon. I'm 43 and mum to 7yr old twins

Hi Polly follow pint pots link she's right we were supposed to do a meet up last weekend, and rearranging at the moment, a few small disasters last week, and Sydney weather usually much better than this, it will get better honest.

Hi Steve/ Mel! Thanks for your message. I did try following the link and made contact with Monkeynutz and we are going to get together once her children have started school (we have twins of similar age and live about 10 mins from one another), which is great. Couldn't see anything with regards a bigger get together but I'd definitely be up for that- is that for the whole family? If you could let me know details once its been rearranged I'd be really grateful. Thanks again, feeling more positive today already! Also went to school BBQ last night and spoke to some mums so a bit of progress there! Pol X

Hi Pol

We are arranging something for the following weekend - keep an eye on the link we will get something in place for definate it will be lovely to start making new friends.

Hi Steve/ Mel! Thanks for your message. I did try following the link and made contact with Monkeynutz and we are going to get together once her children have started school (we have twins of similar age and live about 10 mins from one another), which is great. Couldn't see anything with regards a bigger get together but I'd definitely be up for that- is that for the whole family? If you could let me know details once its been rearranged I'd be really grateful. Thanks again, feeling more positive today already! Also went to school BBQ last night and spoke to some mums so a bit of progress there! Pol X

Hi Pol I havn't been on here for a while but Im not far from you in Rouse hill and am always up for meeting for a coffee there is nothing worse than not feeling settled just give me a pm if you fancy it.

Archived