point cook - ers!

Guest stephanielouise981

Guest stephanielouise981

Hi all,

It seems that Point Cook and Sanctuary lakes are big favourites with us Ex-pats.

Who is planning to move to this area.

I know Krista, Missimo and Suzanne are probably moving there... anyone else?

Steph xxx

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest scott&lisa

Hi Steph,

They are certainly on our list of places to check out when we get there (which is hopefully July time!!).

Lisa.

Guest stephanielouise981

THanks for replying... if you end up in Point Cook (or even if you don't) then it'll be nice for us all to meet up for drinks/coffee etc.

Where else are you looking at?

Steph x

Guest Hayley

Hi Steph,

We had planned on going to Hoppers crossing, but after reading this site and finding out about point cook were definately going to look there when we get over (if visa app goes to plan!!) Sounds like there might be more brits than aussies there though!!

Hayley :D

Guest stephanielouise981

Ha, it does seem like there will be more brits in Point Cook than Aussies.

Steph xxx

Guest scott&lisa

Hi Steph,

The other areas we will be looking at are Williamstown, Altona, Laverton, Werribee, Hoppers Crossing and plenty other areas I'm sure!!!. We are looking to rent initially so we can have a good look round and decide where we want to be in the long term.

We've never been to OZ before so we have no idea what the areas are like.

Definately have to stay in touch. When do you expect to be out there?

Lisa.

Guest stephanielouise981

Hi,

We're waiting at the minute for our pre-grant letter. It could be with us anyday now and once we have our visas in our passport we'll be off as soon as we can, so it could be as soon as a couple of weeks or as long as a couple of months :(

Williamstown is really lovely but very expensive. I'm not too sure about Werribee and Hoppers Crossing. You seem to get a lot of house for your money but I don't know what the area is like... other than it's fab little shopping mall ;)

Steph xxx

Guest alison34

Hi steph! we also have been looking at point cook, hoppers crossing, werribee etc, will have a better idea when we finally get over and get a good look around, we r from scotland! its actually doin my head in looking at suburbs, just so many and then u have people with different veiws on them !

Alison

Guest stephanielouise981

Hi Alison,

I know what you mean. There is so much choice and such a huge difference in price too.

I wouldn't take other people's opinions too seriously - unless they are talking about crime/safety etc. People like areas and dislike areas for very different reasons.

Steph xxx

• 3 months later...
Guest abeattie

Hi all,

We live in a new area called Truganina (in the western subs) right next to Hoppers Crossing.

Just a little info for you, Hoppers Crossin, Werribee, Tarneit and Truganina are really nice area's we have not had any problems at all here and the kids have settled really well. You do get a lot for your money in these area's and the shopping is great :lol:

Hope this helps 8)

regards,

Ang & Sean

Guest stephanielouise981

Hi ang and sean

We're in Australia now - have been for about 3 months. I know Truganina. How long have you been out here for?

Steph xxx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fraser
Hello all

Please tell me ware is Point cook?

John

Point cook is on the South Side of the Princes Freeway on the road between Melbourne and Geelong (about 20km out), just short of Werribee and Hoppers Crossing (which are on teh north side of the Freeway).

Point Cook, Sanctuary Lakes and Boardwalk sort of 'merge' into one residential area. Lovely little heritage airfield, nice coatal park with barbecue areas and kids play areas... Downside is that public transport is shitty. You really need a car to live there.

• 9 months later...
Guest Lindt

Hi there Fraser,

Not spoke for ages, heard u were moving from Hoppers Crossing to somewhere else.

We were over in April 07 to activate r visas coz still not sold house, its driving us mad. Spent a day in Geelong, thought it was very nice, now know why u work there and its not far from Hoppers Crossing.

When we eventually get back over there to live, we will be living in Point Cook, looked at a school for r Rachel and schools also in Werribee and kids liked Williamstown school as thats where we stayed for r 3 weeks, beautiful place but dont get a lot of house for your money. Even got offered a job in a school in Point Cook as soon as we get back there.

Returning to oz asap when house goes~ God only knows when

Write back to tell me what your up to

Linda

Hi, we are also hoping to head for Point Cook area but won't be there till sometime next year, but would be very interested to have any info on local schools in the area, any links to their websites etc would be good. We have one boy aged 8 who is very sporty, likes his cricket, football, swimming, basketball - you name it he loves it! Already wants to have a go at Aussie Rules!!!

Not so good at spelling though!

Gill, Phil and Harry (8)

Still Waiting for the Green Light :radar:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all of you Point Cookers! We are in Melbourne, been here for just over 2 weeks and today put in our application for a house in Sanctuary Lakes. We should move in on 5th August. Going to look at a school on Jamieson Way tomorrow for my 5 year old boy. Hope it'll suit as it is so local to where we'll be living.

However, I have a dilemma.... our stuff is still on a ship somewhere and won't get into Melbourne until at least 7th August and we've been told it'll take a further 10 to 12 days to clear customs etc. So we'll be sleeping on the floor without any bedding and won't have any kitchen things either!!! Can anyone suggest where we can get the basic essentials to survive without forking out a small fortune (been quoted over $1000 for 2 weeks furniture rental!). Would really appreciate some advice. And... would love to get in touch with/meet up with any of you over in the lovely Western suburbs... am so looking forward to getting over there. We're in Bayswater at the moment. It's nice... close to the mountains and not too far from the Bayside beaches but you get so much more for your dollar over in the west. It's a new frontier!

Drea and Stephen Miles and 2 boys (Morgan, 5, and Evan, 3)

• 11 months later...
Guest jodyl

Hi, I'm moving to Melbourne with my family in September. We are having some major issues at present with finding accomodation prior to landing. We are looking in the Point Cook area but are also interested in Derrimut and Trugainia, mainly because of the house prices and it seems like is is more of a family friendly kind of area (we ave a 5 year old and a 3 year old). Does anybody have any suggestion on family friendly places we could stay while looking at properties that do not cost the earth?

Also, if anybody would like to meet up when we land and have got settled that would be great. I'm quite shy so any opportunities to meet friendly people would be gratefully recieved.

Thanks in advance for the reposnse,

• 3 weeks later...

Hello fellow PIO ers!

We have been in Point cook just over a month and was wondering if any other newbies would like to meet for a chat/coffee. My name is Wendy and I'm a nurse but not found work yet so I've got a bit of free time on my hands. My two daughters are 15 and 16 and finding the whole move pretty stressful. Would love to meet new people and make some new friendships.

Look forward to all the replies!!!

Wendy and Steve :v_SPIN:

Guest jodyl

Hi Wendy,

I'm not in Point Cook yet but will be the end of Sept. if you are still wanting to, would love to get together for a chat when we arrive. I have a 5 year old and a nearly 3 year old and I'm a midwife! I know that they are looking for staff at Werribee Mercy Hospital which is about 10 mins from Point Cook - don't know what kind of nursing you do or if its any good but though I'd mention it. I've applied there to do bank work and have had an interview on Tuesday pm, just wating to hear back!

How are you finding Point Cook? I've made a few friends via Facebook so I'm really excited about getting there. My hubby is flying over on 8th Sept and staying in melbourne with friends of my parents and then coming to collect us when he has secured a job and a house - not much to ask of him in 2 weeks honest!

Anyway, better go, I look forward to hearing from you.

Jody

Hello fellow PIO ers!

We have been in Point cook just over a month and was wondering if any other newbies would like to meet for a chat/coffee. My name is Wendy and I'm a nurse but not found work yet so I've got a bit of free time on my hands. My two daughters are 15 and 16 and finding the whole move pretty stressful. Would love to meet new people and make some new friendships.

Guest *KAY TEE*
Hello fellow PIO ers!

Hi, I am moving to Melbourne soon with my family, probably about december/january. My mam was looking at Point Cook, Werribee and Sanctuary lakes. What is it like in Point cook and the other areas? There is me(15) and my three younger brothers aged 13, 8 and 2. Is there anything there for us kids to do? What are the secondary schools like? Anyone else who is about my age and moving there around about the same time, please message me.:smile:

Kristina

Guest stubby

Hello all, we too are heading for the Werribee, Point cook, direction of Melbourne.

Hubby has a job in Derrimut so we are also keen for tips, advice and info on these and surrounding burbs.

We have a daughter nearly 8 years old and so schooling and out of school activities are things we will be looking into very soon.

I will share any info I manage to find elsewhere. But in the meantime, thanks for all the useful info you peeps have supplied so far. And if anyone else has anything to add, it all helps!

Good thread!!!!!! :smile:

Stubby.

Archived