point cook - ers!

Guest stephanielouise981

Guest rover271194

Hi Wendy and Steve,

My wife and I (Wendy and Steve!!!) have been living in Point Cook for a couple of years now and are always looking out for new friends. Have found it a little hard up to now to get a social circle going. Have three boys 14,10 and 8. I'm a Scot and Wendy is an Aussie. Would enjoy getting together. Not sure how the name thing would work out though! HaHa.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi steph! we also have been looking at point cook, hoppers crossing, werribee etc, will have a better idea when we finally get over and get a good look around, we r from scotland! its actually doin my head in looking at suburbs, just so many and then u have people with different veiws on them !

Alison

hi to alison and steph, im also going to piont cook area in jan 09 or the surrounding area and also like you i also come from scotland we are in glasgow where abouts are you? it would be nice if we could meet up and maybe even discover new areas together or should i say discover some shops together!!! tess xx:yes:

Guest *KAY TEE*
hi to alison and steph, im also going to piont cook area in jan 09 or the surrounding area and also like you i also come from scotland we are in glasgow where abouts are you? it would be nice if we could meet up and maybe even discover new areas together or should i say discover some shops together!!! tess xx:yes:

OOooo can I join you's, we are looking at those areas too, along with Altona, we are from N/E uk so not to far away...lol.. plus I like te shops idea. xx :cute:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there!

Our family is also thinking of Point Cook - we fly out late January 2009. We have two boys aged 10 and 7 and are keen to find out info on the schools - both primary and secondary. Not having any luck at getting info on the internet. Can anyone help - views greatly appreciated.

Also, any info on facilities in and around Point Cook and clubs/activities etc. - is there a swimming pool? would be great.

Thanks so much - really appreciated!

Mandy R

Hi Tess et al!

..... can I join the shopping trip too!!!

We are coming out at the end of January and are thinking west, and Point Cook.

OH from Glasgow too! I lived there with him for 4 years and often come up for family visits - going up Boxing Day to say cheerio!! Our nephew (from Glasgow) now lives in Melbourne and loves it! I am from Oxfordshire which is where we are living until the new year and then its..... Australia!!!!

Hope to meet up one day!

Mandy R

Hi there!

Our family is also thinking of Point Cook - we fly out late January 2009. We have two boys aged 10 and 7 and are keen to find out info on the schools - both primary and secondary. Not having any luck at getting info on the internet. Can anyone help - views greatly appreciated.

Also, any info on facilities in and around Point Cook and clubs/activities etc. - is there a swimming pool? would be great.

Thanks so much - really appreciated!

Mandy R

hi mandy, just like you we are heading out in jan 09 i also have a son aged 10 whom is wanting to keep up his swimming and baseball to name a few! i cant find any information to these so thinking that i would wait till i get there. also school is a big worry but as we havent as of yet rented a house that also has to wait!!! keep in touch and maybe we could meet up and exchange veiws when we get there. tess xx

Hi all,

It seems that Point Cook and Sanctuary lakes are big favourites with us Ex-pats.

Who is planning to move to this area.

I know Krista, Missimo and Suzanne are probably moving there... anyone else?

Steph xxx

We are off to Hoppers Crossing, we have decide to rent there for six months because that's where my Job is and there is a good school for our daughter who will be 15 when we go in Jan 09, If the visa is granted :wacko:. If we move there we wil be able to manage with one car for my wife to get about in and I'll get myself a push bike for back and to. If anyone else is out and about in this area next year, we would love to meet up:jiggy:.

Lookinf forward to Aus

hi mandy, just like you we are heading out in jan 09 i also have a son aged 10 whom is wanting to keep up his swimming and baseball to name a few! i cant find any information to these so thinking that i would wait till i get there. also school is a big worry but as we havent as of yet rented a house that also has to wait!!! keep in touch and maybe we could meet up and exchange veiws when we get there. tess xx

Our daughter aged 15 in Jan 09 will be going to Hoppers Crossing Secondry College. They do have a web site.

Home

Then you can scroll down to college tour on the left menu and there is a video presentation to watch.

Hope this info helps and hope to see you on the other side of the world

Andy & Dianne

Hi all

Just thought i'd jump on this thread, we're also moving to Point Cook Jan/Feb 09 and I will be a stay at home mum for the first few months (2 kids ages 1 & 2). I would like to meet up when I get there as O/H will be out working so maybe I could spend his money on the shopping trips with you all!! Also interested in finding out about childcare for the kids, so if any of you have any information that would be great.

Valerie

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all

Just thought i'd jump on this thread, we're also moving to Point Cook Jan/Feb 09 and I will be a stay at home mum for the first few months (2 kids ages 1 & 2). I would like to meet up when I get there as O/H will be out working so maybe I could spend his money on the shopping trips with you all!! Also interested in finding out about childcare for the kids, so if any of you have any information that would be great.

Valerie

Hi Valerie

We have been living in Point Cook since moving over from the UK in September and are loving it. It is just such a friendly place and definately the right move for us. I'm always keen to meet new people so if you want to meet up when you get here I'll be happy to do that and help in any way. I have a son aged 5 who is at Primary School and a daughter aged 3 who goes to daycare 2 days a week. She goes to Kids Resort on Sancuary Lakes which is a new childcare facility but there are also ABC daycare centres all over Point Cook. The standard rate is about $64 per session which runs from 6.30am until 6pm and your child can go anytime during those sessions at the flat rate.

I have a friend whose son goes to the ABC learning centre near us and is really happy with that si it is just personal choice. What do you do workwise? I am a midwife and will be going back to work next week but only for the 2 days Ella is in daycare.

If you have any questions, please ask if you want and good luck with the planned move. Having been there, done that, I don't envy you at all!

:biggrin:

Hi Jodyl

That would be great will PM you soon. I work in the railway but won't be looking for work for at least 6months until we're all settled. Also thanks for the info about childcare, I wil obvioulsy look into that more when we arrive. Hope to be there Feb time.

Valerie

Guest UGandSMUG

So jealous. :unsure:

Sarah and I visited Point Cook on our reccie in October and fell in love with the area. Now the final decision has been made to migrate we have an agonising 14 months to wait until we will be there. We are paranoid that's it's all going to change before we make it!

Seriously though, it seemed like a lovely area with plenty to do plus great proximity to the CBD.

Sarah is an Occupational Therapist so I'd be interested to hear from any of you medical type people what the prospects are in the local area? Although I'm a little concerned that one of you hasn't yet found work as a nurse. I thought you would have been in great demand??? :huh:

Good luck all....

Guest Tiny1965

we are also heading for point cook/sanctuary lakes. would love to meet you all for coffee when we get there. january seems to be a busy month for us all. i've had a reply from point cook primary at the airforce base and they said it would be a pleasure to accept zack(7) there. it just seems a bit far out, so we will just have to wait and see where we end up. love to all, maggi,glenn& zack

Guest Michelle2

Hi All,

I live in Seabrook. I've been here for 4 years and its gone by so fast its a blurr. We have a little girl who is 20 months old. I am from Manchester. Lots of my friends here tell me they know lots of english people who live in the area. I have yet to meet any english people in the area, but would really like to. I am 35 years old and came here with my husband who's a kiwi, but sounds like a brit. Anyway if anyone is interested in meeting for a coffee, then would love to hear from you. Francine

Hi all,

It seems that Point Cook and Sanctuary lakes are big favourites with us Ex-pats.

Who is planning to move to this area.

I know Krista, Missimo and Suzanne are probably moving there... anyone else?

Steph xxx

Guest Jim and Kat

Hi Francine,

My name is Katrina and I live in Sanctuary lakes with my husband James. We have been in Melbourne for just under 2 years and like you have not met any English people in our area. We must be going to the wrong places. James and I are both 31, no kid as yet. I’d like to meet up for a coffee and a chat one day. Katrina

• 2 months later...
Hi Tess et al!

..... can I join the shopping trip too!!!

We are coming out at the end of January and are thinking west, and Point Cook.

OH from Glasgow too! I lived there with him for 4 years and often come up for family visits - going up Boxing Day to say cheerio!! Our nephew (from Glasgow) now lives in Melbourne and loves it! I am from Oxfordshire which is where we are living until the new year and then its..... Australia!!!!

Hope to meet up one day!

Mandy R

hi mandy, i was wondering how you were getting on, did you arrive and now staying in point cook ect. how are you finding things and do you want to meet up ect. im in point cook and now that i have my son in school im finding lots of time on my hands how about you? tess xx:wink:

Hi

We arrive in Point Cook on the 2nd March and would love to meet up. I have 2 young kids ages 1 & 2 and looking to make friends and find out about nurseries, toddlers groups etc.

You are welcome to PM if you want to meet.

Valerie

Hi

We arrive in Point Cook on the 2nd March and would love to meet up. I have 2 young kids ages 1 & 2 and looking to make friends and find out about nurseries, toddlers groups etc.

You are welcome to PM if you want to meet.

Valerie

Hi Valerie, i would love to me you for coffee no probs. just let me knoe when and where! would pm you only (not very bright) not sure how too!!!:biglaugh: you must be very excited about coming over, at least the weather will be more pleasing that back home. we'r from glasgow so know about the weather. tess xx

• 5 months later...
Guest cristy322

Hi my name is Cristina and i have been living in Point Cook for 2 and a half years i originally came from Worcester..

Guest cristy322

Hi my name is Cristina i have been living in point cook with my husband and 2 girls ( 11 & 9 ) for 2 and a half years...we looked at Caroline springs when we got here but kept getting getting drawn to point cook..My girls first attended boardwalk college when we arrived and we pulled then out within 10 months of starting,they now attend a fantastic school and are very happy as are we..would love to meet up...I work as a child minder here..

Archived