point cook - ers!

Guest stephanielouise981

Guest cristy322
Hi Francine,

My name is Katrina and I live in Sanctuary lakes with my husband James. We have been in Melbourne for just under 2 years and like you have not met any English people in our area. We must be going to the wrong places. James and I are both 31, no kid as yet. I’d like to meet up for a coffee and a chat one day. Katrina

Hi my name is Cristina and i have been in point cook for 2 and a half years...most of my friends are brits....all through my children being at school...kids always help you make friends.......i am 40 (just) 2 girls 9 and almost 11..........

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Steph,

The other areas we will be looking at are Williamstown, Altona, Laverton, Werribee, Hoppers Crossing and plenty other areas I'm sure!!!. We are looking to rent initially so we can have a good look round and decide where we want to be in the long term.

We've never been to OZ before so we have no idea what the areas are like.

Definately have to stay in touch. When do you expect to be out there?

Lisa.

Just for your info scott&lisa, Williamstown is lovely but very expensive and Altona has become popular (near beach) but Laverton is not that good. They used to be part of the more industrial type suburbs, but there are parts of them which are okay, and many parts of them 'renewed', especially new housing estates etc. Werribee is okay in most parts, Point Cook is pretty good and not far from Geelong or Melbourne on the freeway.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi my name is Cristina i have been living in point cook with my husband and 2 girls ( 11 & 9 ) for 2 and a half years...we looked at Caroline springs when we got here but kept getting getting drawn to point cook..My girls first attended boardwalk college when we arrived and we pulled then out within 10 months of starting,they now attend a fantastic school and are very happy as are we..would love to meet up...I work as a child minder here..

Which school did your girls end up at? Our daughter went to Seabrook, which we thought was pretty average, and this was after we were warned away from Callanballac; so interested to hear if you have found a good school solution.

Pete

Guest crafty1

Is there anyone in the Wyndham Vale area?? I'm 40+ with 2 little darlings (lol) g6 b8. We live in Manor Lakes and the kids go to Manor lakes college. It would be great to meet up with peeps x

Archived