Any Brits in canberra?

Guest joeyinoz1

Guest AKA63029

Hi Joey.

There are plenty of Brits and Aussies in Canberra who I imagine would want a meet up.

Maybe tell us what you like doing, clubs, pubs, hobbies, may give some the opportunity to get to know you.

Good luck matey.

Cheers Tony.

There are plenty of Poms but not so many of your age. You probably want to get out and mix with the local youngsters - head out to the universities or TAFEs and see what is on the events boards (and I note that you are also struggling for work so you could hang about their employment offices as well to see what is on offer) or join up with some sort of sport as that is where many young folk hang out.

Guest joeyinoz1

@ tony I'm up for anything really mate prefer outdoor stuff, rock climbing, cycling, things like that but I'm into the pub club scene too. My problem is all this costs money so I need work first :) I've been looking but ive heard it can take 2-4 weeks for most places to consider looking at resumes. I'm staying optimistic though. Thanks tony

@ quoll ive been hanging round the unis and checking the notice boards but what are TAFEs? Priority at the moment is too find work I've signed up with a couple of agencies so hopefully they will prove worthwhile. I'll look into those employment agencies.

Thanks for the help guys

@ tony I'm up for anything really mate prefer outdoor stuff, rock climbing, cycling, things like that but I'm into the pub club scene too. My problem is all this costs money so I need work first :) I've been looking but ive heard it can take 2-4 weeks for most places to consider looking at resumes. I'm staying optimistic though. Thanks tony

@ quoll ive been hanging round the unis and checking the notice boards but what are TAFEs? Priority at the moment is too find work I've signed up with a couple of agencies so hopefully they will prove worthwhile. I'll look into those employment agencies.

Thanks for the help guys

TAFE = College of Technical and Further Education - more vocationally based than unis so a slightly different cohort of students. Campuses at Woden, Civic and Bruce

Guest joeyinoz1

Oh right thanks quoll. I'm thinking learning a skilled trade would be the best way to travel, something that I'll have no trouble finding work in across oz.

Archived