New to East Melbourne burbs...

Guest mags2000

Guest mags2000

Hi

My family are in the Eastern suburbs and wondered if there are any Poms nearby for the odd night out?

We've been here almost a year but work colleagues aren't very sociable and as we're in out 40's, we're not into the nightclub scene in the city...:no:

That said, the odd night out or night in with some company once in a while would be great and something to look forward to!

So anyone of a similar mind please get in touch....

Hi Mags

Where are you? We are a family of three, early 40's with a 4 year old girl. We often pop up to our local pub for a lazy sunday afternoon or we go to quiz night once a month also. Your more than welcome to join us, we are in The Basin.

Sara & Nick

Guest mags2000

Hi Sara & Nick

Thanks for responding ;) Steve and I are in Wantirna at the mo so not far. Sadly he works shifts and often weekends but every now and again we get to spend one together so maybe the next Sunsay he has off we'll take you up on the pub ??

Magsd

Guest mags2000

Hi

Thank you for responding. Steve and I are in Wantirna....not far. So how are you finding it or is it me being too sensitive?

I find it a little family intensive at presentand although I love them dearly a little alternative company added to the mix would be welcome!

Mags

Guest mags2000

There are times I would swap her lol and I only mentioned our age in case we were invited to some nightclub or such trendy, young thing place!

Hi Mags

Yes would love to see you at the pub, next time you can make it. If you fancy meeting up for a coffee at Knox. I generally have Tuesday and Thursday's free. Although having said that I can't do next week as I'm busy doing things for my daughters birthday but the week after I'm free.

Sara

Guest mags2000

Hi Sara

Thanks for the invite. Steve is working a late today and I have to get my daughter ready for camp next week so maybe coffee or next week?

Have a nice time!

Guest sk1nny
Hi, whereabouts are you? We're in Glen Waverley, both in our forties with two boys.

Hi Sarah

I'm not there yet but looking at moving to Melbourne down from Sydney late 2013 into the eastern burbs likely so would be interested in keeping in contact n maybe picking yr brains a bit about local area etc if that's ok. I am also in yr age brackets tho it pains me to admit with 3 children. Only one of which will need schooling by that point.

thx Karen

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mags2000

Hi Sara

What time and which pub? I have some stuff to do but will try and pop in. Steve is working so I may well come alone if thats ok?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kitkat37

Hi there!

Just wondered if you guys still catch up?

To my shame I've been here for nearly 10 yrs and, although have made lots of Aussie friends, it would be good to meet up with some fellow Poms for some reminiscing!

I'm in Ferntree Gully so nearby

kirsty

x

Guest kitkat37

Thanx Sara

Bugger I just missed u! I'm from Essex (for my sins) from just outside Colchester.

Been here 10yrs now with 2 boys (10&6).

got several Aussie friends but would love to meet up with some people from the "old country"

Hope to meet up soon

Kirsty

xxx

Archived