Making friends in geraldton!

Guest orlaandjoe

Guest orlaandjoe

Hey guys!

Wondering if there is anyone in Geraldton up for meeting up? Myself, my fiancé and son would love to make some new friends and get a bit of a social network going on!:)

Guest orlaandjoe

Hey!our son is six and he is loving geraldton so far!:) are you both coming out for work? I'd say your excited to get here!

Guest orlaandjoe
Excited nervous etc lol. Yes ive a job lined up but the gf doesnt yet but if she can find something when the little 1 starts school she'll be happy. How long have you been in Gero?

You'll be fine it's a great place to live :) we were the same I had a job as a midwife to come to which was brilliant, Joe is an electrician and he is starting work next week..we have been here about a month and a half now!

Guest orlaandjoe

yep we are renting, managed to get the first place we applied for so that was great. It seems expensive when you first arrive but i think that was only because I kept converting to euro, so I stopped doing that pretty quickly, and now its fine. when you are earning dollars its all relative!have you guys got a place to stay when you arrive?

Guest orlaandjoe

Thats great its good to have somewhere to stay to get your bearings..do you know where you will be staying?if you are in the city area you will be fine getting around without a car.

• 2 weeks later...
We are just on the south side of the river in Perth and although its a lovely place my GF and the little 1 cant quite settle so we cant wait to move up to Gero. Everything is really new so much to explore :)

Geraldton is a really small place (the size of a town although its classed as WA's second city) also very, very quiet compared with Perth, one pub and a couple of bars, if you are struggling with Perth, Gero may not be what your looking for!

Guest orlaandjoe
Geraldton is a really small place (the size of a town although its classed as WA's second city) also very, very quiet compared with Perth, one pub and a couple of bars, if you are struggling with Perth, Gero may not be what your looking for!

Not exactly a very helpful post when the person you are talking to has just moved over from the other side of the world and has probably invested an awful lot in this move. I'm sure the family have done a lot of research into where they are moving to, and it's not fair of you to assume that Geraldton "might not be for them" on the basis of bars and pubs. At least let them arrive and form their own opinion of the place, it could be exactly what they are looking for, either way it's not for us to make assumptions.

Guest orlaandjoe
Thanks for that alandeej lol. They cant settle as they know we have to move again. Cant wait to get a school/kindergarten arranged and we come from a small town back home so understand what its like.

Good luck with your move today!I sent you a PM!

Flydays I totally agree that Perth is a lovely place and I personally would rather be in the Perth Metro area than Geraldton as it's very remote with higher prices. However on the positive side if you wish to meet other Brits there are a lot of families recently moved from the UK to Geraldton with the increase in rail traffic, all of whom who seem to be enjoying life Down Under in Geraldton!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Faulknerkatie84

Hi everyone, my self and partner have lived here since 26 October, both working full time so it's hard to meet new people. We came with western power as my husband is a linesman. It would be fantastic to expand our social circle as we're finding it touch ATM as we have had a rubbish time of it with our relocation people. We often have BBQ visit the beaches and Dustin likes to fish. We're currently living in beresford but are moving to Drummond cove on January 4th. X

Archived