How long does it take......................

blobby1000

We have been over here 16 months and I have been thinking about what we need to have the life we are looking for.

How long do people reckon it has taken them to achieve these things:

Right town

Right house

Right schools if you have children

Right jobs

Enough money

Good social life

Add to that good health and you pretty much have what you need I think. Im not sayimg these things are all important to everyone but I think its what we are striving for.

After 16 months we have the right town, a lovely preschool and enough money (and I think we are healthy!), Thats pretty good but I reckon it could take 5 years to get it all if thats possible!!

In my case:

Right town......15 years(between 1993 and 2008), tried Sydney (2 months), cairns (1 year), Melbourne (2 years), then Geelong

Right house........2.5 years, has made a huge difference

Right schools if you have children......in catchment area for good primary school since moved to current suburb

Right jobs......to find the right balance (I have 2 jobs), 3 years

Enough money.....meh. We're comfortable

Good social life.......2.5 years. I don't need many friends, just good quality ones

In my case:

Right town......15 years(between 1993 and 2008), tried Sydney (2 months), cairns (1 year), Melbourne (2 years), then Geelong

Right house........2.5 years, has made a huge difference

Right schools if you have children......in catchment area for good primary school since moved to current suburb

Right jobs......to find the right balance (I have 2 jobs), 3 years

Enough money.....meh. We're comfortable

Good social life.......2.5 years. I don't need many friends, just good quality ones

I just love the last answer for the good social life. Just good quality ones! How true is that?

Chris x

Archived