Mums on gold coast or helensvale

Guest meshell230

Guest meshell230

Hi I have just moved to helensvale on the gold coast 3 weeks ago and finding it hard to meet some mum's or find play groups to take my 11 month old son , is there anyone in the area who has any recommendations or who would like to meet for coffee please contact me if you do

Michelle x

Guest Gold Coast Poms

Hi Michelle, I moved to Upper Coomera on the 24th Feb, so just over three weeks ago from the UK. I have five children including a 22 month old son. Can't recommend any play groups at this stage but I'll meet you for a cuppa if you need a friendly face. Where abouts have you moved from? Karen xx

Guest meshell230

Hinks for replying and meeting for a cuppa sounds great. we moved from kent, finding it hard to find work so it's been a little stressful but i'm happy we have made the move.

where did you move from?

Michelle :smile:

Guest Gold Coast Poms

We moved from Lancashire, my hubby has a job but I'm going to be a sahm. We are loving it so far, we have family here so have had plenty of help settling but I've also found it stressful as there is just so much to do. I'm desperate for some down time.

Do you drive? I do, but we haven't got me a car yet.....I'm hoping that will be sorted within the week though so then I'll be properly up and running :)

Are there lots of brits where you're living? We're on Highland Reserve and there are loads here, it's quite nice to have familiar accents around us.

I've loads of questions, it's lovely to come across somebody that has been here the same amount of time as me x

Guest meshell230

Yes we have family here too, we are staying with my uncle and his wife at the mo till we get sorted. Yes I have a car and sat nav so I could come your way, let me know when you'd like to meet up, I'm always free at the minute ha ha I don't know how to pm i

but I'll have a look now and send you my number x

• 3 weeks later...

Hi girls, can i just ask whats it like living in Helensvale and Coomera? Are there plenty of shopping centres around? We are from Chelmsford in Essex originally and moving from Adelaide in a few months to the Gold Coast because its so quite here so we want to be in a busy suburb with things nearby and not a long drive, possibly walkable.

Have just come back from a reccie and quite liked Robina, but drove through Helensvale but didnt have the chance to look properly. We have 5 kids from 2 to 20 so need schools, uni, Shops and Im guessing the only place for nightlife is Surfers? Do any of these suburbs have places to go out for a meal and drinks or is the closest place Broadbeach/Surfers for a proper night out??

Thanks in advance for any answers

Lorraine :)

Guest meshell230

Hi Lorraine, Helensvale is lovely as is coomera, there are some indoor shopping centers around but yes I'd say for a proper night out surfers is the closest, schools seem good here and there is a uni in coomera but no idea what it's like. There are lots of parks and beaches nearby too Hope this helps and good luck with the move x

Guest aussiegem1977

H,i hope you are well, a friend and I run a playgroup at Paradise Point on a Wednesday. Both recently from the U.K in the last year and a half (I grew up here but been in the U.K for 15 years). I have a 4 and a (nearly) 2yr old, my friend has a (nearly) 3yr old and a 1yr old. Please feel free to get in touch if you want to catch up with some other Mum's, we always want to meet new people. We organise Movie nights and dinners out for the playgroup Mum's too, so is a good way to meet new people here. Thanks, Gemma xx

Glad I found this thread. We are moving to Upper coomera in August and our son will be 9 months old. I wont be working straight away and would be keen to meet other mums. I hope you ladies dont mind if I contact you nearer the time, or now even?

• 7 months later...

Hi its been a while since I posted on this thread but we have made the move and are living in Pacific Pines, my youngest is 3 and driving me mad at the moment !! I am a more mature mum lol.....if anyone knows of any play groups not too far from here or want to meet up for coffee and chat Im free most days :-)

Archived