Taking a dog back!!!!!

blobby1000

Oh my good Lord I cant believe its happening....

Having paid about 4000 pounds to bring our enormous Golden Retiever out here we will now need to take the poor bugger back again...

Anyone done this? Who did you use and how much was it????

Thanks!!!!

My friends are about to go back to the UK and have two lab x's that they're taking with them. I think the cost is $6,500 from Perth to Heathrow. I have no idea if you can just split that cost in two or whether they have saved money because there are two of them.

Guest karen561

Hi wecame fm England in november, and we plan 2 return after xmas this year.

We are very home sick eg.

I have 2 shih tzus 2 take back 2 England , i have been lookin round and at the cost.

We are in WA rockingham, i used Jet Pets from the airport in Perth 2 here, they are exellent.

I rang them and apparently they can do the whole process back 2 England and they are quite reasonable.

Your dogs will need up 2 dat jabs rabies, worming , flee treatment as u will probably know.

Also ther is no quarantine back in the uk , u can pick ur pets up the day after which is realy good.

Look for jet pets on the internet and give them a ring, they are very good, hope u get sorted , good luck :smile:

Guest Emily82Surf

Hi there,

My collie cross has travelled from the UK to NZ, then here to QLD, and is now coming back with me to the UK in a few weeks! IF only pets could get frequent flyer miles!!

I am going with a small company here in QLD, and it is costing me $2500 all in. I had to pay $145 for the rabies shot last week, but otherwise that should be it.

I am just contemplating whether to catch the same flight as him (Qantas) or fly before/after. I vowed never to fly on the same flight, as I think it would be quite stressful. However, it makes it sooo much easier at the other end, if you can just arrange one lift from the airport!

Also, I feel that if I greet him at the other end, he may not be so stressed.

Mmmm decisions decisions.

Emily

Guest Shelduck

Hi

we are heading back this year (june hopefully) with our pooch, i was going to use a company to fly him back and was quoted $3600 all in but have since heard of people dealing direct with the airline (qantas) and this works out cheaper so i am going to give that a go. just gotta do the paperwork yourself and make sure sure the dog is up to date with jabs and microchipped.

This all sounds good. Thank you for your help. We paid 4k for him from the Uk and 4k for our container. We hear a container going back is around 8k so were expecting the same for our dog, so your news is a nice surprise!

Try www.animaltravel.com.au Ken & Narelle Hammond..........................they are excellent!

Costing me $2650 for TWO Silky Terriers SYD-LHR-AGP (Malaga)

Guest NatIan01

We are moving back in August and taking Cooper our dog, I have heard that Jetpets are the best from friends and removal companies, had a quote for $4000 and that is everything, even 5 days boarding kennel and as they will be flying to Heathrow, they have arranged him to be driven up to us in Manchester and delivered to our door.

Oh my good Lord I cant believe its happening....

Having paid about 4000 pounds to bring our enormous Golden Retiever out here we will now need to take the poor bugger back again...

Anyone done this? Who did you use and how much was it????

Thanks!!!!

Used Jetpets for our short haired pointer. Very happy, great service & Heathrow airport were good too. She travelled extremely well. Infact, better than going from Nz to Perth, where she actually lost her voice & was very distressed. Unfortunately, some of that was arrival at Perth airport, which took ages getting her off plane & sat on runway for under an hour before they moved them through....

cost just under 4000 dollars. Good luck to you. Our dog is very happy & like a giddy school girl when we take her on walks up the fields in our beautiful English countryside! :)

Thats all good news, amazing the 2700 or so price for 2 dogs! I wonder why it was so much more coming out here from the UK, we always thought we would have to stay until the end of hsi days (he is only 6) as we couldnt put him through the ordeal or us through the expense, but we know we must go back and it really doesnt sound too bad.

Thats all good news, amazing the 2700 or so price for 2 dogs! I wonder why it was so much more coming out here from the UK, we always thought we would have to stay until the end of hsi days (he is only 6) as we couldnt put him through the ordeal or us through the expense, but we know we must go back and it really doesnt sound too bad.

we thought the same of our dog too & she at the time of arrival to Perth was only 3 yrs old! Had we known how well she would have travelled we may have felt we could have returned sooner!!

Archived