looking for information on oz as looking to get YWV this year

Guest Marc Anderson

Guest Marc Anderson

Hey im marc 25 from scotland, looking to get a YWV and do a bit travelling around oz and do alot of adventurous things aswell as work, was just looking to see if anyone is in the same kind of situation and looking for someone to travel or meet up with as im starting my journey alone due to friends at home having commitments etc? any info on places to stay and how easy it is to find work etc will be much appreciated :smile:

What sort of work are you hoping to do? I spent 6 weeks last year on holiday in Oz, sussing out whether I wanted to do the full year. I can't wait to get back and travelling alone is really no big deal. There are loads of people on here who have either done it or are planning it and as long as you're sociable it's a really friendly scene.

I keep swinging between planning to just doing a few stints of boring office type work to get money under my belt for the next adventure or actually trying to do something different. When I was out there last year I met people who worked in 'proper grown up' jobs in the UK like lawyers and accountants but were doing really different stuff in Oz such as scuba diving instructing, cattle ranch work and tree felling!

Any idea where you're planning to start?

Archived