anyone in mornington???

Guest cdchaplin

Guest cdchaplin

hi all we arrived in sunny oz a week ago. family of 4 with 2 girls aged 13 and 11. we are living in mornington on the penninsula south east of melbourne. we would l;ove to meet anyone for a drink/ chat. xxx

Welcome, nice weather in autumn so can get out and about.

Lots of Brits live in Mornington and Mount Martha and they do have a couple of meet ups at the park every year. You could also post a thread on Life in Victoria the link is at the foot of this page. People already living here are using the forum a lot more now so good place to go.

Its school holidays and with Easter a lot of people will have headed on holiday around the state etc, camping as its the best time of the year rally for it. Have a look in the Mornington Peninsula Leader at the Whats on Section, this paper is free, you can collect one from outside estate agents or the newsagents if you have not had one delivered. Its also available on line and you can sign up at the Leader site and have it emailed to your inbox weekly. A wealth of information.

Hi, we just arrived 2 weeks ago and hopefully next week we'll be moving into a rental in Dromana which is less than 10 mins drive to Mornington. We're a family of 4' 2 boys 5 and 9 so quite a bit younger than your girls, I am 37 and OH 36. How have you found it so far? Mornington is lovely, we spent a week last week there. Anyway if you ever fancy a meet up or organise a meet up let me know. Lisa

Guest Sue du Rose
hi all we arrived in sunny oz a week ago. family of 4 with 2 girls aged 13 and 11. we are living in mornington on the penninsula south east of melbourne. we would l;ove to meet anyone for a drink/ chat. xxx

hi we also have been her 1 week staying with friends in Glen Iris but looking to move to the mornington area . also a family of 4 sophie 12 (year 7) mark 9 (year 5) . luckly able to borrow car etc till we find where we want to be Adam OH on a few days trial at work so fingers crossed he is a carpenter/handyman. would love to meet up over the next few weeks for a coffee and a chat Sue x

Another option is Britvics.org which is a website for expats living in Victoria. Also, I understand that some Mornington area folk keep in touch through Facebook. Hope you enjoy Mornington - you lucky things!

Hi, we're a family of 5 (me, the missus, two young girls under 4 and one lad 14) who are looking to move to Melbourne next year. We got our 176 visas recently and have booked flights to Melbourne for October this year. We're on a recce mission and staying in Mornington for 2 weeks. If you fancy meeting up when we're there to have a chin wag and a few drinks we'd be grateful! Cheers, Neil

Guest cdchaplin

hi neil, yes that sounds good! mornington is really lovely. as is the surrounding suberbs. Private message me nearer the time and we will arrange a meet up xx

Thanks Collette, OOooo, I've just noticed you're a nurse! My wife is a Critical Care Nurse at The Christie in Manchester. How are you finding work over there? Feel free to private message me back, any help and advice you can offer would be much appreciated!! Thanks again, Neil

Archived