Loans

blobby1000

Anyone managed to get any sort of personal loan over here?

We could do with a few quid to help us get home (I wont be telling them that obviously) but i get turned down for all credit cards and have just started loan applications (brilliant credit history in UK and nothing bad here)

If so, which companies do you suggest?

Won't your bank give you a credit card? Our bank (Westpac) gave us a credit card the day we opened our bank account when we arrived in Oz.

Do you have PR? If so shouldn't be a problem..............we only had Temp Residency so found it very hard the first year just to buy a car!

Since then we have been offered allsorts but haven't given in to temptation BUT it's there if we need it!

Personally I find ANZ very good!

If you are going home and don't tell them they may class as fraud so be careful

Im sure you know more about this than me MTM but I cannot see how the bank could possibly prove that I knew I was going home when I applied (unless they are reading this of course!)....surely if someone has a 7 year loan they are not committing fraud if they leave the country? I would think so long as the payments are continued to be made from the UK the bank would be perfectly happy...and if the payments are not made it would be classed as a default and not a fraud, I doubt they would extradite me for a few grand (but anyway, Im not intending to not pay and nobody will lend me any money anyway!)

Do you know of anyone who has been done for fraud on this basis?

Archived